Title: Estimator, Principal
Location: Australia-Alice Springs
Job Number: 17624
Make A Difference
PRINCIPAL ESTIMATOR, Alice Springs, Australia
Parsons offers the U.S. Government qualified and clearable personnel to solve engineering, intelligence, information technology, facility, environmental, and energy needs. Our staff has supported mission-critical, homeland security, installation/base optimization, range sustainability, space exploration, unexploded ordnance cleanup, missile defense, and disaster relief programs both here and around the globe. We excel in delivering to mission-critical expectations. Parsons makes the world a safer place
Parsons is seeking a Principal Estimator that will be a member of a dynamic team of engineers, drafters, and support staff that covers a variety of disciplines. The team is tasked with providing engineering and technical oversight.
ThePrincipal Estimatorwill work closely with engineering, design and document control personnel.
* Performs order of magnitude and detailed estimates and materials take-offs for all construction activity proposed or performed by the Engineering and Projects Group.
* Provides estimates for Task Order Initiation to include support as required to project definition; Mission or needs requirements statement; analysis of alternatives; estimated costs and basis for estimates; master plan to include major work, deliverables, milestone, dependencies; execution plan for material and labor resources.
* Reviews contractual documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and scope changes.
* Prepares and summarizes task and subtask estimates, including rate and unit cost determination and performing mathematical calculations by applying standard factors.
* Perform materials take-offs and provide a generic bill of materials for requisition system.
* Establish a library of standard work packages. Continually update database and work packages using actual cost and performance data.
* Utilize input from on-going and completed projects to maintain compatible updated and as-built cost providing comparative data between planned and actual costs, schedules, and productivity performance.
* 4-year degree in Engineering or Construction Management (or related field) and 10-12 years of related work experience, including capital cost estimating experience.
* Experience in the use of estimating and materials control software.
* An active or current (active within the last five years) fully adjudicated TS/SCI SSBI Security Clearance from the Department of Defense or Department of State and U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicant must submit to a Full scope or CI polygraph.
* Ability to perform difficult and complex estimating activities typical to the engineering and construction industry is required. In addition, excellent communications skills, knowledge of company and project procedures and practices, and a working knowledge of typical project controls software such as DMCS (Document and Materials Control System) are required. Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, engineering drawings and specifications.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion in 2012, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,500 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 2,000 projects in 50 states and 25 countries. These dedicated workers speak 82 languages collectively, and hold more than 7,600 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.