Title: Co-Op Student (Engineering)
Job Number: 17519
Make a Difference
Computer Engineer Co-op/Intern
Parsons offers the U.S. Government qualified and clearable personnel to solve engineering, intelligence, information technology, facility, environmental, and energy needs. Our staff has supported mission-critical, homeland security, installation/base optimization, range sustainability, space exploration, unexploded ordnance cleanup, missile defense, and disaster relief programs both here and around the globe. We excel in delivering to mission-critical expectations. Parsons makes the world a safer place.
Intern or Co-op Engineer
We are seeking motivated C , C, and Java software developers for internships and co-ops. You will be a part of a team of world class engineers that brings about creative problem solving, innovation, and cutting edge technology.
We are focused on providing our customers unique services and expertise to enhance their network technology. Your creativity and expertise will be a valued asset to the team.
• Must have or be eligible for TS/SCI security clearance.
• Must be working toward Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related.
• 3.0 GPA
• 1 year(s) C , C, or JAVA development experience (a combination of training, internships, and course work will be considered in lieu of work experience).
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Knowledge of design patterns
• Knowledge of network protocols and/or socket programming
• Understanding of threading, concurrency, and atomic data structures
• Experience with C 11 and/or Boost C libraries
• Experience using (or programming) Linux
• Experience with BigData” (Hadoop) or visualizations
• Candidate must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion in 2012, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,500 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 2,000 projects in 50 states and 25 countries. These dedicated workers speak 82 languages collectively, and hold more than 7,600 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.