Parsons Corporation Software Engineer (Reverse Engineer) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
We are a global industry leader harnessing the power of innovation for people who want to change the world and help our customers solve their most complex challenges. We’re a company of thinkers, innovators, and protectors. Our people don’t just generate big ideas—they bring them to life. Ready to be part of a cutting edge growing Cyber Security project that will make a huge impact on the DOD/Intel community? This exciting program includes performing software engineering, reverse engineering, and vulnerability research with a focus on OCO (Offensive Cyber Operations) and DCO (Defensive Cyber Operations) activities. Support assessments of large-scale weapons systems and other national security operations. We need our developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges across the full stack as we continue to push security forward.
· Performing Software Engineering and vulnerability research with a focus on OCO (Offensive Cyber Operations) and DCO (Defensive Cyber Operations) activities.
· Work with customers directly performing full cycle system engineering, gathering requirements and source code, to technical documentation and specifications.
· Performing long term, in depth vulnerability assessments using reverse engineering, kernel debugging, and exploitation technologies.
· Engineers are encouraged to be creative and exhaust every technical avenue to uncover weaknesses of the system and exploit them.
· The feasibility and impact of the findings will often require team members to develop prototype exploitation based on identified vulnerabilities.
. Performs software development tasks and assists in the design and architecture of software applications individually or as a team member
. Primary role is to lead technical design of software components as well as lead software integration testing of software components
. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems to include coding, testing, debugging, installing, and documenting to support organizations software application
. Implements software development process improvement activities in accordance with organizational procedures
. Develops unit and integration tests and test plans for software applications and prepares software test reports
. Writes documentation for software and software interfaces
· H.S. and 7 + years in software development and maintenance, or BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or STEM related field + 3 yrs or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or related field + 1 yr experience
· Experience in x86/x64 assembly, software reverse engineering, kernel debugging, and protocol stacks and/or C, C++, software reverse engineering, kernel debugging, and/or protocol stacks
. Experience developing computer exploits
· Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
· Experience in Software Reverse Engineering with at least 1 of the following tool or an equivalent: IDAPro, GDB, WinDbg, Immunity/OllyDbg.
· Experience in malware analysis and mitigation techniques.
· Strong understanding of the Windows and Linux Operating System internals and APIs.
· Knowledge of analyzing shellcode, packed and obfuscated and the associated algorithms a plus.
· Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl, etc.
· Experience in host and network analysis to identify and characterize anomalies and vulnerabilities in the platform.
· Experience documenting findings in reports and briefings.
· Security certifications a plus: CISSP, C|EH, CREA, GPEN, GREM, OSCP, OSCE.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.