Parsons Corporation Software Engineer (Reverse Engineer) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
We are a global industry leader harnessing the power of innovation for people who want to change the world and help our customers solve their most complex challenges. We’re a company of thinkers, innovators, and protectors. Our people don’t just generate big ideas—they bring them to life. Ready to be part of a cutting edge growing Cyber Security project that will make a huge impact on the DOD/Intel community? This exciting program includes performing software engineering, reverse engineering, and vulnerability research with a focus on OCO (Offensive Cyber Operations) and DCO (Defensive Cyber Operations) activities. Support assessments of large-scale weapons systems and other national security operations. We need our developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges across the full stack as we continue to push security forward.
· Performing Software Engineering and vulnerability research with a focus on OCO (Offensive Cyber Operations) and DCO (Defensive Cyber Operations) activities.
· Work with customers directly performing full cycle system engineering, gathering requirements and source code, to technical documentation and specifications.
· Performing long term, in depth vulnerability assessments using reverse engineering, kernel debugging, and exploitation technologies.
· Engineers are encouraged to be creative and exhaust every technical avenue to uncover weaknesses of the system and exploit them.
· The feasibility and impact of the findings will often require team members to develop prototype exploitation based on identified vulnerabilities.
. Performs software development tasks and assists in the design and architecture of software applications individually or as a team member
. Primary role is to lead technical design of software components as well as lead software integration testing of software components
. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems to include coding, testing, debugging, installing, and documenting to support organizations software application
. Implements software development process improvement activities in accordance with organizational procedures
. Develops unit and integration tests and test plans for software applications and prepares software test reports
. Writes documentation for software and software interfaces
· H.S. and 7 + years in software development and maintenance, or BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or STEM related field + 3 yrs or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or related field + 1 yr experience
· Experience in x86/x64 assembly, software reverse engineering, kernel debugging, and protocol stacks and/or C, C++, software reverse engineering, kernel debugging, and/or protocol stacks
. Experience developing computer exploits
· Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
· Experience in Software Reverse Engineering with at least 1 of the following tool or an equivalent: IDAPro, GDB, WinDbg, Immunity/OllyDbg.
· Experience in malware analysis and mitigation techniques.
· Strong understanding of the Windows and Linux Operating System internals and APIs.
· Knowledge of analyzing shellcode, packed and obfuscated and the associated algorithms a plus.
· Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl, etc.
· Experience in host and network analysis to identify and characterize anomalies and vulnerabilities in the platform.
· Experience documenting findings in reports and briefings.
· Security certifications a plus: CISSP, C|EH, CREA, GPEN, GREM, OSCP, OSCE.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.