Parsons Corporation Senior Civil Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Civil Engineer
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons in August 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
Serves as a Senior Civil Engineer on a full time basis. Based out of the Atlanta, GA Southern Regional Office supporting the T4 Program.
Conducting site surveys and developing site survey reports which include the evaluation of existing conditions and recommendations for the design and approach based on the existing conditions, current codes, and the client design criteria.
• Developing project scope of work, coordinating with subcontractors, and communicating with the client.
• Developing civil design drawings and specifications for construction following relevant codes and standards.; Knowledge of FAA Standards and Orders is a plus.
• Developing Material Take Offs, Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimates, and detail Engineer’s Independent Government Cost Estimate for the civil discipline.
• Compiling design comments and providing technical guidance to CAD designer/drafters and designers, and coordinate with other discipline engineers working on the same project.
• Providing engineering support during construction. Tasks include reviewing submittals to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications, responding to Requests For Information (RFI), issuing Field Instructions (FI), and developing independent estimates for potential change orders.
• Developing recommendations to solve unforeseen and unusual problems in the field.
• Leading or attending meetings and developing meeting minutes.
• Attending client coordination and review meetings, preparing and presenting project status updates, and supporting Project Manager in engineering related tasks.
• Overseeing subcontractor during construction, as a Resident Engineer, to verify adherence to drawings and specifications.
• Supporting project closeout and lessons learned documentation.
• Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Implements program Safety and Quality requirements and safety in design into design products.
• Some travel for surveys, inspections, and meetings is required.
Degreed Civil engineer from an ABET accredited program with 5 to 8 years of experience after graduation. NCEES or other third party validation of ABET equivalency may be acceptable.
Professional Engineer (PE) Licensing in any State or on a track toward obtaining a PE license within 1 year of hire.
Working knowledge of CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering.
Ability to read and understand drawings, codes, standards, and specifications.
Willingness to travel throughout US for surveys, inspections, and meetings.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
Familiar with cloud-based databases, such as MS SharePoint.
Experience using CAD software such as MicroStation or AutoCAD.
Previous Federal Government experience is preferred.
Civil Design focus in commercial, residential or government site development.
Experience in mission critical facilities design is preferred.
Self-starter and ability learn and adapt quickly.
Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by the Federal Authorities will be performed
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.