Parsons Corporation IT Systems Administrator in Baltimore, Maryland
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented IT Systems Administrator to join our team! In this role you will get to support USCYBERCOM in its execution of cyberspace operations .
What You'll Be Doing:
· Configure and support cloud and virtual environments including AWS and VMware
· Maintain various operating systems in a variety of users and activities
· Apply cybersecurity knowledge to configure IT equipment to proper security standards
· Install, troubleshoot, and manage applications, systems, and networks
· Test systems and resolve security vulnerabilities
· Participate in the government's Risk Management Framework (RMF) to maintain system accreditation
· Determining appropriate IT policies, while creating and improving upon system documentation
· Interact with and assist customers from various parts of USCYBERCOM
· Help manage computers, servers, networks, IT security systems and other critical components of USCYBERCOM’s IT infrastructure
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
· Minimum three (3) years of experience as an IT Systems Administrator, System Integrator, or Systems Engineer
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology or related discipline (or 5 years of experience in lieu of a degree)
· CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP or higher (Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification)
· Active TS/SCI + Polygraph
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
· Exposure to AWS (Amazon Web Services), Cisco (CCNA), and/or STIGs/IAVA
· A problem solver who can get in, be given a project, and use engineering skills to determine a solution
· Has, or is willing to gain, more diverse IT skills, including Windows/Linux, networking, and more
· Able to build systems from the ground up – network architecture/systems engineering
· Any applicable certifications like AWS Cloud Practitioner, and/or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) 2012/2016
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
$79,100.00 - $138,400.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.