Parsons Corporation IT System Administrator - TS/SCI required - CISSP preferred in Centreville, Virginia
IT System Administrator - TS/SCI required - CISSP preferred
Centreville, Virginia, United States
Are you an Information Technology System Administrator familiar with managing a variety of data networks and computer systems? If so, we are seeking an IT System Administrator to support technically diverse and challenging systems that are constantly evolving as the technology landscape changes.
The selected candidate will have primary responsibility for all day-to-day IT operations for closed networks used by multiple projects located in our Centreville, VA offices. The position also requires coordination with the corporate Security and Intelligence Solutions (IS) organizations. Candidates must be a self-starter knowledgeable and experienced working in a secure IT environment, possess strong communication skills, troubleshooting experience, be detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet scheduled deadlines. The ideal candidate will also be able to facilitate a dialogue about program requests and translate them into achievable technical specifications. After-hours and weekend support may be required on occasion.
• Manage and Administer multiple IT environments for various projects per direction from Program Managers
• Provide Information Assurance in accordance with project requirements and Department of Defense regulations including development of related documentation
• Generate weekly status reports to project management and functional leadership
• Load Windows and Linux OS and updates on a closed network
• Maintain repositories for Windows and Linux Software and Machine Builds
• Backup and restore implementation
• Apply Anti-Virus updates
• Administer User Accounts
• Enforce IT equipment usage policy
• Configure and setup server, data storage, and workstation
• Provide operational and maintenance support as required per policies/procedures
• Provide direction to and coordinate with other project IS staff when appropriate
• Develop and write technical documentation to include SOPs, Policies, and technical reports
• Network design and administration (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN Switches, Router, Firewall)
• Enforce DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) scan and remediation lock down
• Perform Computer Security Certification Scans• Support IT Network and Systems Certification per Client Requirements
Special Job Requirements:
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to the U.S. Department of Defense security clearance requirements including a USG security investigation, and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
The position requires US citizenship, Top Secret/SCI Clearance, and the ability to maintain this high-level clearance.
Parsons is a Drug Free Workplace. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment.
Lifting/Carrying: Occasionally, up to 50 lbs. Climbing: Occasionally. Bending/Kneeling: Occasionally. Sitting: Frequently. Walking/Standing: Frequently. Hearing: Able to hear audible alarms. Vision: Able to see/read/understand warning lights/signs.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering, Computer Security, Information Technology, related discipline or equivalent work experience required
Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience and training commensurate with network engineering, Computer Security and Information Technology area required
CISSP certification highly preferred.
Specific Skills Experience
• Experience working within a Government Contracting environment
• Effective Time Management and Task Prioritization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills**
• Information Technology expertise
• Cyber Security expertise
• Experience with RHEL, Ubuntu (16 and above), Windows Server (2008, 2012) and Windows 7 and 10 operating systems
• Experience in providing operational and maintenance support in a LAN environment
• Windows and Unix Command Line and Scripting
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• CISSP certification
• A+ and/or Data Security Certification
• Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level I Certification
**Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position, including the ability to speak very well in basic professional situations and present technical data in a logical manner that is easy to understand (may include communication via telephone, in person, or presenting to small groups). Ability to write moderately complex documents (includes procedures, status reports, presentations, emails, memos). Communicates with a wide variety of individuals (employees and managers) throughout the organization and outside of the organization (i.e. clients, vendors).
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of technical services. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.