Parsons Corporation Sr. Software Engineer in Centreville, Virginia
Sr. Software Engineer
Centreville, Virginia, United States
Sr. Software Engineer
Parsons in Centreville, VA is currently seeking passionate Software Developers. You will be part of a team of world class engineers that brings about creative problem solving, innovation, and cutting edge technology.
We are focused on providing our customers with unique capabilities and expertise that other company’s lack. Our team operates as a high performance team, focused on maintaining the top technical talent to perform customer missions; all with the success of the customers’ mission as our number one priority. The ideal candidate for this position is someone that is enamored by technology and eager to sink their teeth into something new.
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related
• 8+ yearsJava front end GUI and back end database development experience
• Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
• U.S. citizenship is required
• Top Secret preferred
• Solid understanding of software development principles, data structures, and algorithms
• Multiple programming languages
• Cyber Security principles
• Virtualization Environments (VMWare, Openstack)
• Scripting Languages (bash, salt)
• Big Data Visualization techniques
• Multi-threaded programming
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Experience with design patterns
• Knowledge of network protocols and/or socket programming
• Understanding of threading, concurrency, and atomic data structures
• Experience with Java front end GUI and back end database development experience
• Experience with Web based development
• Proficient using (or programming) Linux
• Knowledge of Agile development methodology
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials. TS/SCI eligible.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.