Parsons Corporation DevOps Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Polaris Alpha, a Parsons Company, has emerged as a leader in the development of cutting edge solutions for the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. Our tremendous success can be attributed to our people and our priorities. We hire the best, we make them a priority and we never lose focus on the mission. It’s why we’re here. We have built this cultural legacy by working closely with analysts and operators to understand their needs and delivering meaningful value through innovative, cost effective and intuitive software solutions.
Our Space Operations Directorate is passionate about making America the undisputed leader in Space because we understand that ensuring our nation’s security for future generations depends on it. Polaris creates game changing space solutions by teaming highly respected subject matter experts with brilliant technologists. Are you an experienced Software or DevOps Engineer looking for an opportunity to grow your skillset? Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the government solve major national security challenges in the space domain? We need your help.
We are supporting a game-changing software development approach in support of the United States Air Force (USAF) and the larger Space Community through robust DevSecOps pipelines and containerized deployments to help deliver new capabilities to everything from operations centers to F-16 platforms in support of the warfighter. Our team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer with a broad enterprise DevOps background who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. In this position, you will be a member of a highly collaborative, multi-contractor support team while also being embedded directly with government customers. We’re looking for team players who are willing to embrace pair programming and possess strong communication skills.
You will be supporting the development and deployment of DevOps capabilities as well as space mission applications for a wide range of government customers. Flexibility to work across different job roles such as IT Support, DevOps or Software Development is essential.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an engineering field with at least 1 years technical experience. Relevant experience may be accepted in place of a degree
· Experience working in an Agile Software Development environment using the Scrum methodology
· Willingness to participate in a pair-programming work environment
· Some familiarity with DevOps (CI/CD) pipeline concepts and tools
· Some familiarity with Cloud technology (e.g. AWS, Google)
· Some familiarity with Docker Containers
· Ability to support and troubleshoot issues on common Operating Systems (e.g. MacOS, Windows, Linux, yum/brew)
· Experience with client account technical support (e.g. Windows Active Directory, DNS, application upgrades)
· Foundational understanding of networking concepts (Firewall, WiFi and VPN setup)
· Great interpersonal and communications skills, while establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with team members
· Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly.
· Excellent communication skills, in both spoken and written English
· Must be a US Citizen due to DoD contract
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools (Terraform, CloudFormation)
• Experience with DevOps tools (e.g. Gitlab, Artifactory, Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker)
• Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet)
• Experience with application deployment in Docker Containers
• Experience with Kubernetes, KNative, Istio and other container orchestration tools.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to include services such as VPC, EC2, IAM, S3, Lambda, CloudWatch
• Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, PowerShell)
• Top Secret clearance with DCID eligibility for SCI
This position pays a minimum annual salary of $56,900.00 and a maximum annual salary of $99,600.00.
Benefits for this position include: medical, dental, vision, paid time off and 401K.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.