Parsons Corporation Software Engineer 3 in Columbia, Maryland
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
Opportunity Are you a professional software engineer with experience in cyber security? If so, Parsons has an exciting opportunity for you! These are critical times in the world of cyber security, and Parsons need your help to make the world a safer and more secure place, one computer at a time. Parsons' Software Engineers analyze, design, and develop computer software required to support hardware or technical service products. Review system architecture, and select and implement appropriate development and support tools to ensure product performance. Test and debug related software
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer sciences, math, or physical sciences from an accredited institution
Advanced degree supporting software system subject matter expertise a plus
20+ years of experience delivering software solutions, which could include the following:
Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
· Voice or video processing systems requiring ingest of multiple audio and video formats, playback to end users, storage, and retrieval
· Average ingest, storage, content search and retrieval of 500GB/day or more of multilingual text
· Distributed Peer to Peer content storage and retrieval systems with more than 500 nodes.
· Metadata indexing, metadata summarization, content and metadata data mining, visualization and analytics.
· A minimum six (6) years demonstrated experience out of the most recent 8 years developing production software for one of the following environments: Solaris, or Linux OS.
· Six years (6) of experience developing software using the Java programming language or C or C++.
Demonstrated work experience developing RESTful services.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.