Parsons Corporation CAD Technician / Designer in Destin, Florida
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented CAD Technician / Designer to join our team! In this role you will get to perform basic to moderately-difficult design/drafting assignments requiring a working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques.
• Draft design concepts working from limited or general information provided by a professional engineer, architect, or supervisor.
• Correlate, interpret, and modify data to bridge gaps that occur when working with limited or general information.
• Masterfully apply CAD software for design.
• Review data received by engineers and analyze information to determine compliance with standards and design concepts.
• Understand and develop designs from field notes.
• Reproduce drawing and document packages to fulfill contractual obligations.
• Upload, access, store, and retrieve data in accordance with Company policy.
Quality Program Responsibility
• Assume responsibility for the quality of work submitted. Review designs and documents before submitting them to the next review level.
• Responsible for proper quality assurance and quality control on projects in accordance with the Quality Program to ensure projects meet Company, industry, and client standards and expectations.
• Adhere to project deadlines and keep the Supervising Engineer or Project Manager informed of any difficulties encountered on assignments.
• Submit work for quality review on time and in a complete format.
• Organize, plan, communicate, and prioritize work to meet deadlines, product quality, and budget.
Support the department by creating moderately complex mechanical/electrical/electronic designs for subassemblies, assemblies, or systems configurations using CAD or manual systems, compile Bills of Materials, and assist in the fabrication of systems
Draw multiple views, depict relationship of component and parts, identify dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances, and materials, prepare bills of material and specifications, create documentation required and processing Engineering Change Orders. ensure adherence to designated quality and cost parameters
Aid lesser experienced drafters by communicating work priorities, providing technical assistance, and verifying the accuracy of work
Obtain and organize system datasheets, operation, maintenance, and installations manuals, certification documentation, and warranty information for system specified components
Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner
Support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the mission, values, and culture of the organization
Maintain technical knowledge by conferring with technical specialists and suppliers, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
Qualified candidates should have an active minimum SECRET security clearance or the ability to get one.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
$20.63 - $36.11
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.