Parsons Corporation Senior Project Engineer in Doha, Qatar
Senior Project Engineer
Doha, Qatar, Qatar
Integrates the various engineering, scheduling, procurement, construction, and start-up aspects of a small project. May manage a subtask of a larger project or study in accordance with contractual obligations. Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering functions of the project including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance. Relocation to the project site may be required during construction and start-up activities.
Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements. Identifies and documents changes in scope.
Assists in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buy outs, monitoring progress to maintain those procurements. Interfaces with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process.
Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
Assists the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study. Assists in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines. Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines.
Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (or Construction Management)
• Minimum 10 years relevant experience in Construction Management projects (Senior Project Engineer).
• Proof of US citizenship - US Citizen's ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
• Must have a current passport
• Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a foreign/international license
• Ability to communicate clearly (verbally and written) in English
• Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
• Previous construction experience with USACE, NAVFAC, or AFCEC
• Previous experience working on construction projects in the Middle East
• Completion of Construction Quality Management Course (CQM) within 5 years
• Professional Registration (PE or RA) or other relevant certifications (PMP, LEED, CCM)
• OSHA Safety Training (30 Hour) within 5 years
• Current records in JPAS system with ability to get a government CAC (Previous CAC or Security Clearance still on file in JPAS)
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.