Parsons Corporation System Support Specialist in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
System Support Specialist
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States
System Support Specialist
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Are you a computer expert who loves to travel? If so, Williams Electric Company, a Parsons company, is looking for a Systems Support Specialist to support our Fort Walton beach, Florida location.
In this job you will help us roll out updated systems at Government installations throughout the country. It will put your expertise to upgrade servers and workstations; integrate new equipment; and troubleshoot problems with operational systems. You must be a detail-oriented person capable of taking a methodical approach to troubleshooting. The systems you will be working with are used to reduce energy consumption through meter data acquisition and HVAC controls. You will be responsible for programming/configuring field devices, field controllers, servers, and workstations. The candidate should be familiar with network IP configuration, as well as serial communications. Extensive travel throughout the US is required.
• Programs and configures servers, workstations, field devices, and field controllers.
• Follows cybersecurity guidelines to maintain the security of the systems.
• May need to make minor wiring changes and configure/replace control devices.
• Diagnose and correct communications and control system problems.
• Setup servers and workstations.
• Interfaces to site and customer personnel representing our interests and resolving project issues.
• Periods of extensive travel throughout the US will be required
• 2+ years of strong experience in working with computers required
• Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation.
• Proficiency using Windows operating systems required
• Knowledge of serial and network communications required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Must possess driver’s license and passport
• Current Security + certification required
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Williams Electric Company specializes in large scale government and commercial projects involving security systems, control systems, and electrical installations throughout the continental United States. We hire people who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.