Parsons Corporation SCA-Electrician, Maintenance in Ft. Riley, Kansas
Ft. Riley, Kansas, United States
Ready to put your technical support skills to work with teams that will change the urban fabric of our community? Would you enjoy working alongside managers on a wide variety of safety projects? Parsons is now hiring a Maintenance Electrician as a Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) in Fort Riley, KS.
Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your emerging project safety experience will propel your career forward. We need our SSHO at this level to conduct audits and inspection of work areas, machinery, equipment, and working conditions for compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
In this role, under general direction, you will provide on-site technical support for implementation and administration of a project safety program.
• Reports incidents of non-compliance to codes and standards, and may recommend corrective actions. Follows up to confirm implementation of corrective actions.
• Ensures the availability, readiness, and proper use of required accident prevention procedures, safety and fire prevention equipment, protective clothing and devices, and first aid supplies.
• Maintains records of safety audits and inspections, as well as required follow up actions.
• Maintains inventory of first aid, safety, and fire equipment.
• If properly certified in first aid may function as first aid attendant, providing first aid care to occupationally injured or ill personnel.
• Conduct new hire safety orientations, daily safety huddles and weekly toolbox training.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• The Safety and Health Manager reports directly to a senior project (or corporate) official independent from the CQC System Manager.
• The Safety and Health Manager will also serve as a member of the CQC Staff Personnel identified in the technical provisions as requiring specialized skills to assure the required work is being performed properly will also be included as part of the CQC organization.
• The Contractor's CQC staff maintains a presence at the site at all times during progress of the work and have complete authority and responsibility to take any action necessary to ensure Contract compliance.
• The CQC staff will be subject to acceptance by the Contracting Officer.
The SSHO must produce a copy of their instructor-signed OSHA 30-hour training card (or course completion if within 90 days of having completed the training and card has not yet been issued).
In addition, the SSHO is also required to have proof of employment for: (a) Five (5) years of continuous construction industry safety experience in supervising/ managing general construction (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls), or (b) Five (5) years of continuous general industry safety experience in supervising/ managing general industry (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls), or (c) If the SSHO has a Third-Party, Nationally Accredited (ANSI or National Commission for Certifying Agencies - NCCA) SOH-related certification, only 4 years of experience is needed.
Knowledge of administration and management. Must be able to plan, allocate resources, manage production, and coordinate people, equipment and sub-contractors.
Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in electrical construction.
Strong mathematical abilities and the ability to remember words, numbers and other information.
Must be able to read, understand and apply information obtained from electrical drawings and job specifications.
Knowledge of the latest NEC, NFPA 70E and EM-385 codes.
Must be able to pass a NACI background investigation
Must have good skills using Microsoft Office Suite
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills
Must possess driver’s license with a clean driving record to permit driving of company vehicles
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be able to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment.
Must be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
Must be able to reach overhead.
Substantial physical effort required.
Work is regularly performed in outdoor weather conditions or other elements where temperatures can exceed extreme conditions.
Graduation from high school supplemented by an appropriate apprenticeship training program and extensive electrical system maintenance experience and a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
Preferred: Electrical Metering Training, Gas/Water Metering Training, Medium Voltage Experience, Generator Experience, CPR/First Aid, USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors, NFPA-70E Arc-Flash and Qualified Worker Training.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.