Parsons Corporation Chief Scheduler in Houston, Texas
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for a talented Chief Scheduler to join our team on the Houston Airport Systems project!
This person develops, manages, and/or executes all phases of the scheduling effort for a large, complex and demanding project. This level of Project Control Engineer/Specialist draws upon extensive experience and exposure to various types of projects and clients. Serves in a lead capacity.
· Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult and complex project control problems.
· Interfaces with clients, attends regular meetings, and provides statistical reports.
· Provides project and company management with the necessary tools for project cost control.
· May participate in the development of the work breakdown structure, interfacing with all affected departments.
· May lead in the analysis, evaluation, and developing forecast of project costs and performance.
· Coordinates staffing requirements, assigns and supervises project work activities, and trains personnel.
· Completes performance reviews and provides personnel development for the assigned employees.
· Accumulates and accesses historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
· May lead a staff who are qualified to analyze, evaluate, forecast, and report schedule status against an established baseline.
· Assesses the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
· Develops and manages an established system to show the hierarchy of plans and schedules; Keeps project and company management fully informed.
· Customizes project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
· May function as Project Control Manager on a project. In that capacity, directs and controls all of the project controls activities.
· May support business development efforts by gathering and presenting a variety of background data. Presentations may be of an informal or formal nature.
· Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent work experience) and typically 12+ years of experience in a lower-level Project Controls position is required, as well as some experience in a leadership capacity.
Requires basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field. Proficient PC skills including proficiency in various Project Controls Software and Microsoft Office Suite. Proven leadership capabilities, as well as familiarity with industry practices is required.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
$98,800.00 - $172,900.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.