Parsons Corporation Advanced Systems Engineer - Risk in Huntsville, Alabama
Advanced Systems Engineer - Risk
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
New Employment Opportunity With Parsons!
Advanced Systems Engineer
This exciting role for an Advanced Systems Engineer will be supporting the Missile Defense Agency Ground-Based Missile Defense program office (MDA/GM). Duties will include supporting GMD programs throughout the development life cycle by identifying, analyzing, developing, reporting, and retiring risks (technical, test and programmatic) which potentially affect the development and verification of the GMD Weapon System.
The Advanced System Engineer will coordinate execution of the risk management enterprise for the GMD Element, as well as serve as the GM Program Risk point of contact for: flight test and major program reviews, document reviews, Objective Evidence verification, Entrance and Exit criteria tailoring for major milestone reviews, status of Risks and Watch Items (WIs), Risk Management Process questions, and contractor Risk Management working groups and boards
Other Role Responsibilities:
• Manage a team of GMD Element, Component, and Operations Sustainment risk managers
• Work with MDA/GM Chief Engineers, Chief Product Engineers, and other Risk owners to develop, maintain, update, and retire risks and watch items
• Develop and delivering risks and watch items (WIs) to the GM Engineering Review Board, the Mission Readiness Working Group (MRWG), and other MDA decision authorities for review and concurrence
• Update risk packages based on GMD ERB actions, mitigation completion, changes to understanding and knowledge associated with Risk and WI content, and input from other sources
• Maintain configuration control of Risk and WI chart packages
• Review risk content for key Element and Component level flight test, program milestone, and technical reviews
• Provide charts to the Customer for Government portions of Milestone and Mission-related Reviews as well as for Technical Interchange Meetings and working groups
• Generate/coordinate briefing packages intended for Customer leadership
• Represent the interests of the customer in working groups, TIMs and related forums; provide meeting summaries to the Government Customer
• Define and develop the risk management processes and procedures for the GM Element
• Coordinate with contractor risk management
• Support development and implementation of risk management tools
*Applicant MUST have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance*
Education and Experience Requirements:
This position requires a BA/BS in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical degree and 10+years of related experience.
It is imperative that this candidate have demonstrated ability to:
Develop clear and concise briefings to explain complex situations to all levels of leadership, including SES/General Officers
Keep clear configuration control of a document while including edits and inputs from diverse sources
Interact successfully with personnel at all levels and backgrounds in contractor and government organizations
Sort through large amounts of input, extract and summarize the key points
Candidate must also be:
Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint to include chart creation, use of multiple templates, image manipulation, and Drawing Objects; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
Organized; self-starter; good time management; ability to work independently; adaptable; detail-oriented; good proof-reading skills
Experience with US Department of Defense weapon systems design, systems engineering, development, testing, system integration, fielding, and/or operations
Experience as a Department of Defense government contractor
Knowledge of engineering and program risk management principals
Knowledge of the DoD Risk, Issue, and Opportunity Management process. Experience in the Missile Defense Agency risk management process
A Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or Risk Management Professional (RMP)
Experience in proper marking of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), For Official Use only (FOUO), and Classified information in documents
Some knowledge of Basic Statistics
Public speaking/presentation skills
Position May Require Occasional Travel (up to 10%)
*Candidate Must Have an Active DoD "Secret" Security Clearance*
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.