Parsons Corporation Basic Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Basic Systems Engineer
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Basic Systems Engineer
The systems engineer in this position will support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-Based Midcourse Defense System Engineering and Integration Directorate (GME) in Huntsville, Al. The system engineer will work as part of an Integrated Systems Engineering Team supporting Weapon System Capability (missile payloads, boosters, and other components) development and delivery activities. The system engineer will provide support and coordination of Prime Contractor/Government activities required to develop and deliver a desired capability in accordance with the standard Systems Engineering Lifecycle of a program. This position requires excellent written and verbal skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Support Systems Engineering Milestone Reviews, boards and working level meetings by arranging meeting logistics, taking notes, generating charts, collecting action items, resolving issues as required, tracking actions, providing meeting summaries, capturing lessons learned and any other duties as needed by the Government Customer
• Review and provide comments on assigned Prime Contractor/Government Objective Evidence (OE) for major reviews as well as collect and report metrics on the OE delivered, reviewed, and approved
• Apply critical thinking/engineering skills to assigned tasks, determine courses of action, develop paths ahead for task completion, and formulate recommendations to the Customer
• Support the Government Integrated Systems Engineering Team by representing the interests of the customer in working group forums, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and any other forums required by the customer
• Perform studies on process improvements and provide findings and recommendations to the Government Customer. As part of the findings, communicate and defend plan methodologies, tools, analyses and results to the Integrated Systems Engineering Team
Education and Experience:
Position requires a BS in Engineering or related Technical Field and0-2 years of related experience.
This posiiton requires an active DOD Secret Security Clearance
• Ability to provide systems engineering support to missile systems, payloads, and components throughout the systems engineering life cycle
• Capable of performing as a member of a team and assisting with solving complex problems
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Self-starter with enthusiasm and capacity to learn new engineering processes
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.