Parsons Corporation EED Design Suitability Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
EED Design Suitability Engineer
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Design Suitability Engineer
You can tailor your words and actions according to the audience
You understand that people process words and behaviors in different ways. You pride yourself on your ability to sense what a person needs to hear or see to motivate them. Our organization interacts with our employees and clients in the same thoughtful way. If you take pride in effectively communicating a message depending on to whom you are speaking, our organization wants you on board.
Parsons is seeking a Design Suitability Engineer to fill an advanced role in the development, management, and planning for current and future capabilities as it relates to BMDS requirements development, specifically related to Design Suitability (system survivability).
• Development and mentoring of basic personnel.
• Coordinate with MDA stakeholders to identify and resolve any issues related to changes in BMD system requirements.
• Review final documentation provided by National Team Prime Contractor supporting EED and Subsystem Program Offices prior to technical baseline submittal to ensure accuracy.
• Support Technical Interchange Meetings and Peer Reviews between government customers, contractors and MDA program office representatives
• Develop presentations for Technical Interchange Meetings and Boards
• Support processing of system documentation changes through the MDA corporate board process (BMDS Requirements Working Group, System Engineering Integration Council, Integration Synchronization Group).
• Assist in managing the BMDS Requirements Working Group including agenda management, meeting minutes, briefing and supporting documentation management, and meeting execution.
• Actively participate in the Core Standards Working Group including meeting minutes, action items, and document status updates
• BS/MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field), and 8years of related work experience with at least 5 years’ experience as a system engineer.
• Basic knowledge of BMDS nomenclature, system architecture and elements.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Excellent people, organizational, management, computer, and leadership skills.
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and support product development in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• DoD security clearance - Top Secret
• Experience in Nuclear, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering
• Understanding of the MDA Systems Engineering practices and processes.
• Familiarity with the BMDS system level documentation such as the BMD System Description Document, BMD System Specification, and Technical Core Standards List
• Understanding MDA Systems Engineering practices and processes
• Currently hold or ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret security clearance
Parsons has been a leader, innovator, and change agent for 75 years. Over this period, our industry has undergone continual change and we have been, and continue to be, proactive in taking advantage of the opportunities presented by change. The pace of adaptation of transformational technologies such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, robotics, and big data analytics in our markets offers Parsons exciting opportunities to solve complex challenges for our customers in new and different ways.
Ready to become one of our influencers?
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.