Parsons Corporation Intermediate Engineer/Analyst in Huntsville, Alabama
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
The intermediate engineer/analyst in this position will support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Engineering and Integration Directorate (GME) in Huntsville, Al. The intermediate engineer/analyst will directly support the Deputy Director for SE and will work as part of an Integrated Systems Engineering Team supporting Weapon System Capability (missile payloads, boosters, and other components) development and delivery activities. The intermediate engineer/analyst will provide support and coordination of Prime Contractor/Government activities required to develop and deliver a desired capability in accordance with the standard Systems Engineering Lifecycle of a program.
• Provide direct support to the GME Deputy Director for Systems Engineering and complete duties as assigned
• Support Systems Engineering Milestone Reviews, boards and working level meetings by assisting in developing agendas and content, developing presentation charts, comprehending action items, and assisting in resolving issues as required, tracking actions to completion, providing meeting summaries, capturing lessons learned and any other duties as needed by the Government Customer
• Review and provide comments on assigned Prime Contractor/Government Objective Evidence (OE) for major reviews
• Comprehend current and future architecture and incremental builds of the GMD System, understand system requirements and interfaces
• Apply critical thinking analytical/engineering skills and problem-solving methodology to assigned tasks, to identify the problem, determine courses of action, develop paths ahead for task completion, and formulate recommendations to the Customer, status, and follow-up on task completion
• Assist in the development of Executive level briefings, papers, and other correspondence
• Support the Government Integrated Systems Engineering Team by representing the interests of the Customer in working group forums, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and any other forums required by the customer
• Perform studies on process improvements and provide findings and recommendations to the Government Customer. As part of the findings, communicate and defend plan methodologies, tools, analyses and results to the Integrated Systems Engineering Team
Experience and Education:
• At least 7 years of related experience; experience in MDA is desired but not mandatory
• Ability to provide systems engineering support to missile systems, payloads, and components throughout the systems engineering life cycle
• Capable of performing as a member of a team and assisting with solving complex problems
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Self-starter with enthusiasm and capacity to learn in a fast-paced environment
• BA or BS in technical field such as engineering, mathematics or physics
• Secret clearance required
• Travel as required to support oversight, meetings, reviews, etc.
Must possess an active Secret security clearance
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.