Parsons Corporation Principal Systems Engineer, Payloads in Huntsville, Alabama
Principal Systems Engineer, Payloads
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Principal Systems Engineer, Payloads
The principal systems engineer in this position will support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Interceptor and Kill Vehicle Office (GMG) in Huntsville, Al. The systems engineer will directly support the Kill Vehicle Chief Engineer and will work as part of an Integrated Systems Engineering Team supporting kill vehicle development and delivery activities. The systems engineer will provide support and coordination of Prime Contractor/Government activities required to develop and deliver a desired capability in accordance with the standard Systems Engineering Lifecycle of a program.
• Support trade studies for the development of All-Up Round (AUR) design concepts which includes both booster and kill vehicle(s).
• Support requirements definition and manage analysis efforts to define the AUR requirements, concept of operations, physical architecture, functional architecture and performance analysis.
• Apply critical thinking analytical/engineering skills and problem-solving methodology to assigned tasks, to identify the problem, determine courses of action, develop paths ahead for task completion, and formulate recommendations to the Customer, status, and follow-up on task completion
• Assist in the development of Executive level briefings, papers, and other correspondence
• Work collaboratively with government and industry to develop and maintain a stable, consistent, and verifiable technical baseline up and down the requirements specification tree
• Support the development and allocation of Product requirements
• Develop and maintain the Payload Performance Specification (PPS)
• Support government and industry Requirement and Verification Working Groups to ensure All Up Round requirements are properly flowed down to lower level product specifications
• Participate in external and internal Interface Control Working Groups for the development Interface Requirements/Control specifications
• Prepare briefings, reports, and meeting summaries, including recommendations for corrective actions with ability to work in a team environment to accomplish tasks
• Support the Government Integrated Systems Engineering Team by representing the interests of the Customer in working group forums, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and any other forums required by the customer
This position requires an active DOD Secret Security Clearance.
Education and Experience:
Requires a BS inEngineering or Related Technical Degreeand 10+ years of related experience; experience in MDA is desired but not mandatory.
The qualified applicant will becapable of working as a member to solve unusually complex problems and provide solutions that are highly creative.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Self-starter with enthusiasm and capacity to learn in a fast-paced environment
• BS in engineering, MS in engineering preferred
• Knowledge of DOORS preferred but not required
• Exceptional written and verbal skills required
• Secret clearance required
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.