Parsons Corporation Radar Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Radar Systems Engineer
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Are you an early career professional looking to kick start your career into high gear? Are you interested in performing some of the most rewarding and mission critical work protecting our Nation's Defense Infrastructure? If so, Parsons is looking for a Radar/Communications/Signal-Processing Engineer just like you!
Since 1944, Parsons has remained one of a small handful of completely Employee Owned Companies. This has allowed Parsons to offer employees the competitive salary, benefits, and work environment we have today which directly contributes to our continued success!
Radar/Communications/Signal-Processing Engineer I
Analyzes existing systems and defines, designs, develops, and implements highly-complex and difficult technical products and systems specific to client needs. Assignments typically involve working with other engineering disciplines and may include, but are not limited to, designing new products, modifying existing designs, improving production techniques, and developing test procedures.
Provides leadership,program support in an experienced team environment developing and exercising radar models and simulations of various fidelity levels. Develops and expands radar and communications simulation software within a mature C++ simulation environment and hardware-in-the loop test facilities. Performs system of system analysis. Provides technical leadership to small mixed-discipline teams.
Must be able to obtain and maintain DOD Security Clearance. A current Top Secret/SCI is highly desired!
Education and Experience:
This position requires a BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical field and 2+ years of experience. An MS degree is highly desired and can be accepted in lieu of 2 years experience.
Must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic. The qualified candidate will have the following:
• Skills at converting customer needs and requirements into timely solutions and analysis
• Knowledge of modern radar theory, especially radar signal-processing techniques and their high-fidelity simulation
• Knowledge of sensor phenomenology (attenuation, refraction, clutter)
• Knowledge of electronic countermeasures and techniques to mitigate them
• Knowledge of antenna characteristics
• Knowledge of signal-processing techniques and ability to apply them to sensor and communication problems
• Knowledge of event-based and real-time simulation architectures highly desired
• Knowledge of distributed processing / computing environments highly desired
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership
• US Citizen and ability to obtain a security clearance, TS/SCI clearance highly desired
• Radar signal-processing theory and practice
• Programming experience in C/C++, MATLAB, and/or Python and a willingness to learn new programming languages
• Experience implementing computationally intensive signal-processing algorithms in FPGAs, DSPs, and/or GPUs highly desired
• Ability to prepare technical reports and briefings
• Ability to effectively deliver technical briefings
• Strong interpersonal skills to support interaction with both Government and contractor personnel
Must be able to obtain a DOD Security Clearance. An active TS/SCI is highly desired.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.