Parsons Corporation Risk Manager, Operations and Support (O&S) in Huntsville, Alabama
Risk Manager, Operations and Support (O&S)
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Risk Manager, Operations and Support (OS)
The Risk Manager in this role will provide support to the Missile Defense Agency Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GM) System Engineering and Integration Directorate (GME) Readiness Component (GMR-E). Duties will include supporting GM programs throughout the development life-cycle in identifying, analyzing, planning for, reporting and retiring OS risks (technical, test and programmatic) and managing issues affecting the mitigation strategies.
Will work in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment providing technical expertise to assist the Government in the oversight of contractor OS Risk Management activities. Will serve as the GMR-E Risk point of contact for: document reviews, Objective Evidence verification, Entrance and Exit Criteria tailoring for major milestone reviews, status of Limitations, Risks, Issues and Opportunities, Risk Management Process questions, and contractor Risk Management working groups and boards.
More specific responsibilities include:
• Work with GMR-E Chief Engineers (CE), Chief Product Engineers (CPE) and other Risk owners to define, assess, prioritize and track Limitations, Risks, Issues and Opportunities, to include mitigation planning, implementation and management
• Create and update chart packages for timely input to the GM Risk Management Board (RMB) and other meetings as required, including but not limited to Milestone and Engineering Technical Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, working groups, and leadership briefs
• Maintain configuration control of all working documents necessary for robust management of Limitations, Risk, Issues and Opportunities while ensuring continuous incorporation of changes, to include GM RMB actions, mitigation step completion, changes to understanding and knowledge, and input from other sources
• Actively endorses and supports the interests of the customer in working groups, TIMs and related forums
• Provides reports, including status and meeting summaries, to the Government Customer
Education and Experience:
This posiiton requires a BS in Engineering, Mathematics or Science and 5-10 ryears related experience.
• Demonstrated ability to develop clear and concise briefings to explain complex situations to all levels of leadership
• Demonstrated ability to maintain configuration control of a document while including edits and inputs from diverse sources
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels and backgrounds in contractor and government organizations
• Demonstrated ability to review large amounts of information, extract and summarize the key points
• Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint to include chart creation, use of multiple templates, image manipulation, and drawing objects; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Organized; self-starter; good time management; ability to work independently; adaptable; detail-oriented; good proof-reading skills
Experience with US Department of Defense weapon systems design, systems engineering, development, testing, system integration, fielding, and operations
Experience as a Department of Defense government contractor
Knowledge of engineering and program risk management principles
Knowledge of the DoD Risk, Issue, and Opportunity Management process. Experience in the Missile Defense Agency risk management process
A Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or Risk Management Professional (RMP)
Experience in proper marking of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), For Official Use only (FOUO), and Classified information
Knowledge of Basic Statistics
Public speaking/presentation skills
* This position requires an active DoD "Secret" Security Clearance*
May require occasional travel (up to 10%)
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.