Parsons Corporation SAR Simulation Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
SAR Simulation Engineer
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Radar and SAR Simulation Engineer
The Radar and SAR Simulation Engineer will design, develop, and test hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, circuitry, processes, etc.
Prepares technical and progress reports on assigned projects. Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports.
Provides program support in an experienced team environment developing and exercising radar models and simulations of various fidelity levels including high-fidelity digital simulations and hardware-in-the-loop implementations of advanced synthetic-aperture radar (SAR) systems.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a BS in Electrical Engineering and 2-4 years of experience.
This position requires an active DOD TS/SCI Security Clearance
• Knowledge of modern radar theory, especially radar signal-processing techniques and their high-fidelity simulation
• Knowledge of Synthetic Aperture SAR theory and practice
• Radar signal-processing theory and practice
• Antenna analysis
• Atmospheric effects on RF propagation (attenuation, refraction, etc.)
• Scattering phenomenology (point and spatially distributed targets and clutter)
• C/C+• MATLAB and/or Python
• Ability to prepare technical reports and briefings
• Ability to effectively deliver technical briefings
• Strong interpersonal skills to support interaction with both Government and contractor personnel
• Knowledge of event-based and real-time simulation architectures highly desired
• Knowledge of distributed processing / computing environments highly desired
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership a plus
• Experience with image processing including feature identification highly desired
• Experience implementing computationally intensive signal-processing algorithms in FPGAs, DSPs, and/or GPUs highly desired
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.