Parsons Corporation Systems Engineer, Test in Huntsville, Alabama
Systems Engineer, Test
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Systems Engineer, Test
Precision is king when it comes to the work you do.
When it comes to the details, you innately can see where, why, how and what needs to be tweaked in order to achieve the best end goal. Your colleagues approve work, but you can see an overlooked area. It jumps out to you because of your finely tuned observational skills and highly developed attention to detail. Accuracy and precision define your work ethic. And you don't stop until the piece of the puzzle is in its right place. Our organization is successful because of the skills you uniquely bring to the job.
Become a part of the dedicated team supporting the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense Joint Program Office (GM), Missile Defense Agency (MDA), that develops, integrates, tests, fields sustains a reliable cost-effective strategic defense capability to protect the homeland against current future ballistic missile threats or attacks.
The Systems Engineer will support the GM Ground Based Interceptor Project Office in Huntsville, Al. Parsons has three opportunities: Test Engineering support for either the Kill Vehicle Guidance Unit Module (GUM), Divert Attitude Control System Module (DACSM), or Aft Electronics Module (AEM).
Other Roles and Responsibilities:
• Apply critical thinking analytical/engineering skills and problem-solving methodology to assigned tasks, to identify the problem, determine courses of action, develop paths ahead for task completion, and formulate recommendations to the Customer, status, and follow-up on task completion.
• Review contract developer’s design review objective evidence.
• Review and coordinate reviews of plans and procedures to verify requirements.
• Review and provide comments on contract data requirements deliverables from the interceptor developer
• Review test equipment designs and provide comments to the designs based on test equipment requirements specifications.
• Witness verification events and provide daily status to kill vehicle leadership
• Assist in the development of briefings, papers, and other correspondence
• Work collaboratively with government and industry to develop and maintain a stable, consistent, and verifiable technical baseline up and down the requirements specification tree
• Support government and industry Requirement and Verification Working Groups to ensure kill vehicle requirements are verified
• Prepare briefings, reports, and meeting summaries, including recommendations for corrective actions with ability to work in a team environment to accomplish tasks
• Support the Government by representing the interests of the Customer in working group forums, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and any other forums required by the customer
• Review test plans and test procedures for electronic and mechanical systems.
• Knowledge of MIL standards is required, especially MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-461.
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering and Test principles and applications.
Travel around 25% but can be as much as 50% at times.
Education,Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
•BS/MS degree in Engineering orComputer Science (or related field), and 8+ years of related work experience with at least 5 years’ experience as a system engineer.
• Secret clearance
• Candidate must be capable of performing as a member of a team and assisting with solving complex problems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Self-starter with enthusiasm and capacity to learn in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional written and verbal skills required
• Travel as required to support oversight, meetings, reviews, etc.
• Experience in MDA is desired, but not mandatory.
• MS in Engineering preferred
Our team embraces growth and development and looks to our employees to contribute to this process
You look for more than one way to get the job done. Best practices emerge when innovative ideas are pursued. We provide the receptiveness to new ideas, the infrastructure, and the support to help put the best practices into play.
Parsons has been a leader, innovator, and change agent for 75 years. Over this period, our industry has undergone continual change and we have been, and continue to be, proactive in taking advantage of the opportunities presented by change. The pace of adaptation of transformational technologies such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, robotics, and big data analytics in our markets offers Parsons exciting opportunities to solve complex challenges for our customers in new and different ways.
Readyto become one of our influencers?
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.