Parsons Corporation Senior Bridge Designer in Jacksonville, Florida
Senior Bridge Designer
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Parsons is one of the world’s largest transportation planning, engineering, and construction firms. We are actively looking for a Sr. Bridge Designer to add to our Bridge Design Team in Jacksonville, FL. If you want to be part of a dynamic and innovative team working on a wide variety of bridge projects that change the urban fabric of communities, this opportunity is for you.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated candidates with the ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment that have great design skills, a passion for the details and good communication skills. In this role you will be working with subject matter experts in Florida and will work on various new bridge design/construction projects as well as bridge widening, rehabilitation, and reconstruction projects.
In this role you will develop difficult and complex layout and design drawings for Bridge projects, using your practical design experience and CAD tools expertise.
• Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare difficult and complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge. Interprets and ensures conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures. Understands and utilizes more advanced software to complete assignments.
• Works closely with Engineers and other disciplines to ensure coordinated design systems.
• Meets layout requirements and develops alternate design layouts of systems as required.
• Ensures compliance with required design tolerances and specifications.
• Reviews supplier data and supplier/manufacturer drawings, as required.
• Checks orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) drawings prepared by others. Performs checking procedures as appropriate to the discipline and assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Assists in training lower-level Designers in various procedures.
• 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred.
• 8+ years of relevant experience in bridge design.
• Requirements include strong PC and CAD skills, as well as efficiency in utilizing computer software to complete design assignments. Must have Microstation experience.
• Experience with FDOT Road and Bridge Standards, Bridge Design Manual.
• 3D Modeling skills are preferred.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.