Parsons Corporation Resident Construction Engineer - Civil (Saudi National) in Jizan, Saudi Arabia
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Field Civil Engineer position in construction management and application of Civil/Structural engineering expertise civil.
Receives administrative and technical direction from Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM) or Senior Resident Construction Engineer (SRCE). Frequent contacts requiring the capability to persuade, influence and/or motivate all levels of contractor representatives and team at field.
Major Activities Performed:
• Perform Construction Administration Services for Civil/Structural work performed by a General Contractor, subcontractors for the construction of different types of buildings or infrastructure.
• Review Shop Drawings for compliance with Contract Documents.
• Review Product Data, Samples, Certification and other submittals for compliance with Contract Documents.
• Respond to Requests for Information (RFI) submitted by the Contractor.
• Provide Clarification of the requirements of the Contract Documents.
• Review installed work for conformance to the Contract Documents.
• Observe testing performed by the Contractor and determine conformance with the Contract Documents.
• Lead effort of work coordination on site, and supervising the construction of mock-up offices for review by the Royal Commission’s Finishes Committee.
• Be the liaison and facilitator of the verification process of work performed on-site.
• Lead the effort of Quality Assurance with the Contractor.
• First determine, and then implement the preferences and material selection choices of the JCPDI’s.
• Provide all levels of Civil/Structure work (all Construction phases) for possible changes in the work.
• Initial review of cost proposals and applications for payment submitted by the Contractor.
• Perform conceptual and detailed estimates of potential changes to the project’s scope of work.
• Verify the accuracy of Prices and Quantities included in the Contract Documents for Construction activities.
• Collaborate with Royal Commission staff in expediting all critical aspects of site development and building construction.
• Provide general direction to the Contractor in the construction site of the project through technical references.
Experience and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with 5 years of construction experience.
Requires the ability to work as a team, and be deferential to the aesthetic tastes and choices of the JCPDI.
Proficient PC skills including a proficiency in various software used in the design and construction of multi-storied buildings, such as Auto Cad, Revit, Excel and Document and Materials Controls System (DMCS).
Must be able to communicate in both spoken and written English skills.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.