Parsons Corporation Technical Solutions Manager in London, United Kingdom
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Become a driving force in NEOM's The Line project as a Research and Innovation Technical S olutions Manager , utilizing your expertise in the built environment, innovative technologies, and smart city solutions. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to foster groundbreaking innovations that will assist in realizing the vision for future focused living which is NEOM The Line. Work on future focused sustainability solutions to both the environment and human well-being
As a Research and Innovation Technical Solutions Manager for The Line project, you will be responsible for:
• Tracking, overseeing, and managing the development and implementation of innovative technical solutions across various projects related to The Line, ensuring alignment with the NEOM vision and objectives.
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including engineering, urban planning, and sustainability, to identify, evaluate, and prioritize new technologies, solutions, and opportunities.
• Leading and guiding teams to ensure timely delivery and quality execution of projects, while adhering to strict sustainability, environmental, and human-centric design standards.
• Continuously monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of implemented solutions, making data-driven recommendations for improvements in line with NEOM's goals.
• Reporting on project progress, milestones, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to senior management and stakeholders.
• Developing and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge base of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in sustainable urban development and smart city solutions.
• Establishing and nurturing strategic partnerships with external organizations, including vendors, research institutions, and industry experts, to facilitate the adoption of new technologies and solutions for THE LINE.
• Ensuring all projects comply with local and international regulatory requirements and adhere to NEOM's ethical guidelines.
• Mentoring and coaching team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional development.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Prior years of experience in technology research, innovation management, or a related field, with a focus on several of the following areas of interest: materials, design , processing, manufacturing, construction, assembly and asset management.
• Demonstrated success in leading the development and implementation of innovative technical solutions in large-scale urban projects.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and present complex information to diverse audiences.
• A proven track record of staying current with industry trends and emerging technologies in sustainable urban development.
Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements. Skills and Experiences: • Experience / knowledge of advanced construction, assembly, and fabrication techniques, including modular and prefabricated systems.
• Extensive experience with innovative materials, including their processing, manufacturing, and application in urban development projects.
• Familiarity with modern design methodologies, including human-centric and sustainable design approaches.
• In-depth knowledge of sustainable urban development principles, technologies, and best practices.
• Familiarity with smart city solutions, including IoT, AI, and data-driven decision-making.
• Experience with renewable energy, waste management, and water management technologies.
• Knowledge of urban mobility solutions and transportation systems, including autonomous vehicles and mass transit systems.
• Proficiency in GIS, BIM, data analysis tools or other modelling tools. • Comprehensive understanding of emerging technologies and their applications in urban planning, design, and construction.
• Familiarity in asset management, including life cycle assessment, maintenance planning, and performance monitoring for urban infrastructure and facilities .
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.