Parsons Corporation Network Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME) in North Charleston, South Carolina
Network Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME)
North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Are you an experienced Network Engineer professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment working with teams in a support role? Imagine yourself working on top level critical network defense missions alongside seasoned professionals. Parsons is now hiring a Network Engineer with a passion for innovation and solving mission critical challenges.
The Position requires a minimum of 8 years' experience as a network engineer with a proven track record in performance optimization and troubleshooting of routing switching devices in Windows/Linux environments. Possess the skills to quickly adapt to any environment during any point of the project life cycle and be able to provide efficient response to task deadlines and timely resolution of system complications. Must possess excellent organizational and analytical skills with in depth of knowledge of network architecture.
· Possesses the ability to communicate technical knowledge and direction through briefs, requirements specifications, system design descriptions, test plans and reports, SOVTs, implementation plans and other documentation as well as participate in technical reviews of these deliverables.
· Possesses the ability to troubleshoot fielded systems, test new systems/configurations in a lab environment, and actively participate in technical meetings.
· Possesses the ability to design and implement network platform solutions on an enterprise scale to include planning, designing, installation, configuration, and integration of systems and networks within an enterprise environment
· Possesses the knowledge and ability to ensure systems are in compliance with DISA STIGs.
· Possesses the ability to work well, integrate, coordinate, and knowledge share with the STACC team.
· Possesses ability to provide recommendations to facilitate enhancements of existing technology through the use of the STACC Enterprise Change Request (ECR) process.
· Position will draw from experience in Systems Development Life-Cycle Management (i.e. plan, analyze, design, implement, and maintain).
Minimum DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certificationrequirements
Routing design and implementation with routingprotocols: BGP, OSPF, VRF
Switching (Distribution and Access) design andimplementation
VPNs Network Security design andimplementation
Configuration experience with enterprise classrouter and switch products such as Cisco and Juniper
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accreditedinstitution.
Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency isrequired due to government or federal requirement.
U.S. citizens ONLY due to government or federalrequirement.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to afederal background investigation and must meet additional eligibilityrequirements for access to classified information or materials.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of technical services. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today .
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.