Parsons Corporation Senior Project Manager - Transportation Infrastructure in Ontario, California
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Senior Project Manager to join our team! In this role you will get to manage and oversee multiple projects in our Southern California region supporting Caltrans, various road & highway, and possibly BRT ( Bus Rapid Transit) projects around the Southern California region.
This role can be based from any of our Southern California offices in Pasadena, Ontario, Irvine, or San Diego, including great work flexibility with hybrid remote working,and a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Act as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution.
• Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors and Markets and secures additional work with client
Oversee and manage various road and highway projects for Caltrans in the Greater Los Angeles Metro area, inclusive of Orange County, and San Diego County when needed.
• Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
Act as a primary liaison between engineering, design, other project managers, and client interface
• Participates in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
• Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
• Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria
• Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project.
• Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates. Field responsibilities may include labor relations, local procurement and payroll operations
• Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
• Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
4-year degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related technical/business field and at least 15 years or more of road & highway , and/or rail & transit project experience is required, with significant experience in the Southern California region and market. Incumbent should have a broad general technical and business background.
PE License in the State of California is highly preferred, or ability to obtain one after hired.
Recent experience managing transportation projects in California ( highway or rail transit) strongly preferred.
What Desired Skills You Will Bring :
. Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
A demonstrated established client relationship with Caltrans in California is highly desirable for this pivotal role
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
$121,900.00 - $234,200.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.