Parsons Corporation Intermediate Bridge Engineer in Ottawa, Ontario
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an experienced Intermediate Bridge Engineer with proven experience as a bridge/structures engineer to join our ever growing Bridges and Tunnels team of professionals and technical experts in Ottawa, Ontario. The Bridge and Tunnels team is involved in the pursuit and delivery of major bridge and structure rehabilitation and design projects in the National Capital Area and throughout Eastern Canada, with the ability to support other Parsons ofﬁces throughout Canada and the US.
You will use your knowledge and understanding of bridge engineering and construction methods to manage and successfully deliver multidisciplinary bridge inspection, analysis, rehabilitation, and design projects for both private and public sector clients, from planning through to detailed design stages and into construction.
In this role:
• Producing, supervising, and managing the creation of engineering products on a wide variety of small to large bridge rehabilitation and new design projects from concept through construction that meet and exceed customer quality requirements.
• Working both independently and as part of a team to define the problem, establish the work scope, prepare budgets and schedules, plan the work, and provide technical direction and oversight.
• Performing complex technical engineering tasks efficiently and accurately, while leading and mentoring less experienced team members.
• Preparing and checking detailed engineering calculations and models, drawings, specifications, quantities and cost estimates, detailed technical reports, procurement documents, design packages, proposals, and detailed analyses.
• Providing technical engineering services during construction, including the review of contractor submissions.
• Frequently coordinating and collaborating with other Engineering disciplines and departments.
• Building and maintaining effective working relationships with clients.
• Performing inspections of existing complex bridges and other structures including coordinating and leading inspection teams and specialized sub-consultants, providing renewal and repair recommendations, and completing life cycle cost analyses.
• Leading successful project pursuits, including determining budget estimates and staffing requirements and writing winning proposals.
• Performing Project Management duties including assembling and managing project teams, controlling project budgets and schedules, quality control of deliverables, client interaction and management, and financial reporting.
• Working to tight project schedules while ensuring quality of project deliverables.
• Providing input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and less experienced Engineers working on the same and other projects.
• Ensuring compliance with all applicable codes and regulations.
• Frequent local travel within the National Capital Region for site inspections and client meetings.
• 4-year degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or related field) from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• 5 years or more of recent progressive related bridge engineering design experience, including inspection, analysis, load-rating, design, and construction experience. Seismic analysis and design experience is an asset.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, and collaborative skills.
• Ability to provide effective technical mentoring to less experienced engineers.
• Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario (or eligible for registration).
• Practical working knowledge of the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CSA S6), and the MTO Structural Rehabilitation Manual, Structural Manual, and design policies standards and specifications.
• Technical knowledge of bridge engineering design and analysis principles.
• Excellent technical report writing experience and skills.
• Proficiency in 3D modelling analysis software.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.