Parsons Corporation Estimator in Pocatello, Idaho
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Construction Cost Estimator to join our team!
What You'll Be Doing:
· Demonstrate an understanding of degrees of uncertainty that applies to estimates as they are developed throughout the project life cycle. Uses this knowledge to identify assumptions and risks to develop contingency proposals for the project.
· Ensures that the ranges of estimates are used to prepare an overall estimate, together with optimistic and pessimistic targets for each task.
· Ensures that estimates are continually reviewed and revised as and when new information becomes available and more is known about the project.
· Provide life-cycle costing for various estimating components.
· Top-Down Conceptual Estimating
· Ensures, whenever possible, that comparative techniques are used, e.g. estimates are based on previous experience and usage statistics.
· Uses the parametric technique where bottom-up is not feasible and/or comparative data is not available.
· Normalizes top-down estimates to reflect project factors such as escalation, currency, local market conditions.
· Bottom-Up Measurement-Based Estimating
· Able to Produce detailed estimates in a timely and efficient manner, based on Bills of Quantities/take-off and Activity Based costs.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or Equivalent Industry Experience
· 5+ years related estimating experience – Industrial and commercial projects preferred
· Experience leading, assembling and presenting estimate deliverables to Clients (internal or external)
· Proficient skills in the area of current technology (Word, Excel, estimating/database software)
· Demonstrated understanding of estimating organizational structure and process, including quantity takeoff, crew development, productivity relationships, material quotations, knowledge of markup structures and estimate documentation
· Experience using industry estimating software, such as Timberline, Heavy Bid, or equivalent Estimating systems
· Demonstrates an ability be responsible for completion of tasks with minimal supervision
· Able to travel to meet project needs
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
· Integrate estimating data into Cost and Schedule management processes and tools
· Display knowledge and applied understanding of Earned Value Management
· Ability to clearly document report and communicate estimate information to all project stakeholders
· Display a confident understanding of industry-standard scheduling and cost management tools
Proficient skills in the area of current technology (Word, Excel, estimating/database software)
Demonstrated understanding of estimating organizational structure and process, including quantity takeoff, crew development, productivity relationships, material quotations, knowledge of markup structures and estimate documentation
Experience using industry estimating software, such as Timberline, Heavy Bid, or equivalent Estimating systems
Demonstrates an ability be responsible for completion of tasks with minimal supervision
Experience mentoring junior staff
Able to travel to meet project needs
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
Integrate estimating data into Cost and Schedule management processes and tools
Display knowledge and applied understanding of Earned Value Management
Ability to clearly document report and communicate estimate information to all project stakeholders
Display a confident understanding of industry-standard scheduling and cost management tools
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
$68,400.00 - $142,600.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.