Parsons Corporation Reporting Manager in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Supports the tracking, updating and monitoring of cost control, and scheduling functions on smaller projects or assists a more senior Project Control Engineer/Specialist on larger projects.
Typical responsibilities are focused on a variety of ancillary project controls tasks. Although the incumbent may perform some higher level cost analysis and related assignments, this work does not encompass a sufficient amount of his/her time to warrant exempt status.
The Project Control Engineer/Specialist may gain further experience by rotating through Estimating, Cost Engineering, and Planning/Scheduling assignments.
· Assists with the development and management of the cost control systems to provide project and company management with accurate financial information. Facilitates the development of the work breakdown structure (WBS), interfacing with Procurement, Engineering, and Finance Departments as needed.
· Performs some independent analysis of data stored in the project management and cost control systems. Creates presentations using graphs, diagrams, and other exhibits to illustrate cost status.
Planning and Scheduling:
· Implements and maintains Project Planning and Scheduling.
· Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
· Develops and maintains less complex critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
· Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status against an established baseline schedule.
· Assesses the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages.
· Reports schedule status to all levels of project and Company management as well as to the Client.
· Implements and maintains an Earned Value Management System on the project.
· Analyzes cost and schedule performance indicators (CPI and SPI).
· Prepares and maintains project forecasts and status updates.
· Provides assessment with corrective action recommendations to management.
· May provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance to others in the resolution of project control problems.
Performs other functions associated with this position as appropriate.
Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Supervision Received - Higher Level Project Control Staff
Supervision Given - May provide technical direction to lower-level Project Controls staff on project
Internal Contacts - All employees on project
External Contacts - None
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent experience) and typically 3+ years of related work experience.
Requires basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field. Proficient PC skills including a working knowledge of various Project Controls software and Microsoft Office Suite.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.