Parsons Corporation Senior Project Manager - Transportation Infrastructure in San Bernardino, California
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
PARSONS is hiring a Senior Project Manager to join our on-site Parsons team currently working for the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) in San Bernardino, California. The qualified candidate must have project management experience working on major Caltrans transportation projects.
The Parsons team at SBCTA is assisting the agency in the management and delivery of its $4.5 Billion transportation program. The program includes some 35 projects in varying phases of development. The Parsons team assists SBCTA in overseeing the work of engineering firms that are under contract with SBCTA to deliver the different phases of the projects, and essentially works as an extension of SBCTA staff.
The Parsons Senior Project Manager (PM) works closely with the SBCTA Project Delivery Manager, other SBCTA management and staff, Caltrans, and with other members of the Parsons on-site team. The PM acts as SBCTA representative and oversees the project development activities and the work of other engineering firms that are under contract with SBCTA. The PM oversees a variety of SBCTA projects including grade separations, freeway interchanges, and freeway widening projects throughout San Bernardino County.
• Assists SBCTA in the procurement process for hiring engineering and construction management firms, including the preparation of RFPs, and negotiation of scopes and fees.
• Assists SBCTA in the effort to advertise and award SBCTA contracts.
• Directs the overall planning of the project development activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
• Verifies budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined project scope and schedule.
• Monitors progress and reports to SBCTA management on issues that may delay project schedules.
• Oversees the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals. Keeps alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
• Ensures the use of sound engineering and construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum cost.
• Prepares periodic reports summarizing progress of project development activities for SBCTA management
• Ensures effective implementation of all SBCTA and Caltrans policies and procedures, including labor relations policies.
• Maintains strong working relationships with Caltrans and project stakeholders to advance project progress..
• Performs other administrative responsibilities including the preparation of SBCTA Board Staff Reports.
• Coordinates the preparation and approval of funding and cooperative agreements and reviews and updates project funding tables and schedules at least monthly..
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 4-year degree in Civil Engineering or a related field (or equivalent design-related work experience), as well as 15 to 20 years of experience in design/project management is required.
• Must have Caltrans experience on major freeway projects.
• Caltrans District 8 and Inland Empire experience is desirable
• PE license is desirable, but not required.
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of the Caltrans transportation project development process , State and Federal processes and procedures, as well as a thorough knowledge and understanding of industry practices. Proven leadership and management capability is also required, as well as good written and oral communications skills. Must have the attitude and ability to integrate and work well with the Parsons SBCTA team, as well as the SBCTA organization.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.