Parsons Corporation Facilities Manager in San Diego, California
San Diego, California, United States
Supervises a group of nonexempt employees engaged in one or more aspects of facilities maintenance (both inside and outside) within a building complex. Responsible for day to day office operations and procedures. Manages all facility related activities at multiple properties. Monitors work order requests expeditiously and brings them to a satisfactory conclusion. Functions as liaison with building property management. Must be able to be on-call for after hours emergencies. Establishes and maintains frequent contact and collaboration with business unit senior managers and financial officers to ensure alignment with the latest business direction and real estate strategies. Interfaces with Procurement on the evaluation and selection of vendors and suppliers. Responsible for maintaining a consistent and appropriate aesthetic for interior, as well as exterior environment, as appropriate and required. Provides Facilities support in the areas of project tracking, space planning, workplace standards site plan maintenance, as well as business continuity, sustainability and safety programs.
• Works with Deputy Facilities Director to develop systems and procedures for facility maintenance and security, and to establish and maintain budgets, standards, adequate staffing levels, and schedules.
• Makes recommendations to Deputy Facilities Director for improvements to existing operations. Installs proper security and fire equipment and monitoring measures.
• Management of regional buildings including capital projects, build-outs, moves/adds/changes and maintenance ensuring smooth completion.
• Provides moving, furniture, and infrastructure planning and implementation.
• Works with and obtains consensus among local office management to determine best current utilization of an office and its future requirements.
• Assigns work to employees, oversees, and tracks the completion of work assignments.
• Provides input to and may administer the department merit budget. With Deputy Facilities Director or Facilities Director approval, originates salary actions, promotions in accordance with approved salary plan.
• Interviews and selects personnel for assignment. Maintains clear and concise work standards and goals; provides training and development; completes performance evaluations, conducts employee counseling, takes corrective action as necessary.
• Serves as prime liaison with building management and maintenance for more than one office location.
• Serves as primary employee point of contact for all facilities related issues for more than one office location.
• Collaborates with other GSS support functions (Repro/IS/Security).
• Acts as Security/Emergency Coordinator, supporting office business continuity plan (Safety coordination if Safety is not represented on site). Manages maintenance of AEDs (Automated External Defibrillator), fire extinguishers and first aid supplies. Acts as member of Office Safety Committee. Encourages safe and secure work environment and practices. Maintains local evacuation plans for emergencies.
• Provides input for annual budget.
• Ensures adherence to all corporate, contractual, ethics and safety standards, policies and procedures.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
4-year degree in Business Administration (or equivalent) and at least 10-12 years of related experience in facility management.
Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
Strong written and oral communication, organizational, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills are required. Ability to work in teams. Ability to follow through. Ability to clearly deliver work instructions.
High-level understanding and appreciation of Project Management and Facilities Management.
Space planning and forecasting skills.
Excellent business judgment.
Ability to work in a matrix organization (dual reporting). Ability to interact with an influence senior-level management. Ability to consult, motivate, and negotiate effectively with client groups, co-workers, employees, vendors, and contractors.
Excellent organization and follow through abilities.
Strong knowledge of codes and regulations covering facility maintenance and workers’ safety.
Must function effectively under time constraints, schedule workload to meet deadlines, and have the ability to prioritize.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.