Parsons Corporation Administrative Assistant/Facilities in Seattle, Washington
Seattle, Washington, United States
Parsons is actively looking for an Administrative Assistant/ Facilities to support a technical project team Transportation group, in our Seattle office.We are looking for an experienced professional to support a team of 45 technical associates, including managers, engineers, and project managers.If you are the right one for us, you have impeccable communication skills, love working on the computer, andare highly organized and motivated, toact upon a schedule of tasks, activities and client deliverables.
In this role you will support the office and our facilityin a variety of tasks:
Responsible for day to day office operations and procedures and performs various clerical duties in an office. Manages all facility related activities in the office. Coordinates employee moves/adds/changes. Monitors work order requests expeditiously and brings them to a satisfactory conclusion. Functions as liaison with building property management. Also responsible for mail room and receptionist responsibilities.
• Coordinates and manages vendor/service provider activities.
• Coordinates with other support functions (Information Systems/ Reprographics/ Security).
• Responsible for arranging for after hours heating and air conditioning, as needed.
• Acquires, distributes, and disposes furniture as needed with approval from Regional Director or Deputy Director.
• Orders supplies from corporate vendors for departments or staff, as needed.
• Coordinates offices assignments and moves.
• Manages off-site file storage.
• Reviews facilities projects with Regional Director or Deputy Director for approval.
• Coordinates with Regional Director or Deputy Director on all facilities related matters.
• Coordinates with Talent Management to on-board and off-board employees.
• Manages equipment maintenance and supplies.
• Acts as Security/Emergency Coordinator, supporting office business continuity plan, if needed.
• Notes items to potentially include in the annual budget planning, as needed.
• Acts as member of Office Safety Committee.
• Ensures the availability/maintenance of AEDs (Automated External Defibrillator), fire extinguishers, and first aid supplies.
• Coordinates Health and Safety training and testing.
• Handles incoming and outgoing mail, supply ordering and distribution, and facility maintenance as it pertains to office space and phones.
• Greets visitors and maintains visitor sign-in book and emergency evacuation plan.
• Act as Emergency 911 Desk Respondent.
• Processes check requests for vendor invoices and submits for approval and payment.
• Assigns/Monitors Alternative Workplace Strategies (hotelling) space and report usage monthly.
• Attends scheduled facility team meetings.
• Ensures adherence to all corporate, contractual, ethics and safety standards, policies and procedures.
• Reporting includes Workplace Risk Assessment, Office Space Estimate (OSE), Occupancy Report, Recycling Report, and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for products used onsite.
• Answers incoming calls, screens callers, and directs calls accordingly.
• Maintains and updates information on Safety and Employment/ Labor Relations bulletin boards.
• Coordinates and schedules any special conference room requests (i.e. projectors, video teleconferencing, easels, catering, etc).
• Coordinates shipment and distribution of mail and packages.
• Maintains appearance of conference rooms/break areas/common areas.
• Performs other responsibilities unique to the location.
High school diploma (or equivalent) and 5-8 years of relevant experience. Some college level education or facilities related certification coursework preferred.
Strong written and oral communication, organizational, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills are required. Additionally, a demonstrated proficiency in the use of internet search engines, electronic mail systems, and spreadsheets is required. A working knowledge of company policies and procedures is preferred.
Ability to work on individual tasks and team tasks.
Ability to work with various levels of staff.
Must function effectively under time constraints, schedule workload to meet deadlines, and have the ability to prioritize.
Applies knowledge and skills to details of work.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.