Parsons Corporation Information Technology/Assurance Specialist I in South Jordan, Utah
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI
Parsons has emerged as a leader in the development of cutting-edge solutions for the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. Our tremendous success can be attributed to our people and our priorities. We hire the best, we make them a priority and we never lose focus on the mission. It’s why we’re here. We have built this cultural legacy by working closely with analysts and operators to understand their needs and delivering meaningful value through innovative, cost effective and intuitive software solutions. Our Space Operations Directorate is passionate about making America the undisputed leader in Space because we understand that ensuring our nation’s security for future generations depends on it.
Are you an experienced Cloud, DevSecOps (DSO), IT or Cybersecurity Engineer looking for an opportunity to grow your skillset? Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the USAF solve major challenges in support of the Air Force Nuclear Weapon Center’s (AFNWC) Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program? We need your help!
We are supporting a game changing IT Engineering and Support (ITES) program within GBSD to develop and deliver a full range of Cloud, DevSecOps, Cybersecurity, IT, and AI/ML capabilities. Our team is looking for TS/SCI cleared and experienced engineers and managers who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. In this position, you will be a member of a highly collaborative, multi-contractor support team while also being embedded directly with government customers. We’re looking for team players who are willing to Agile methodologies, embrace pair programming for knowledge sharing and possess strong communication skills.
The primary physical working location will be on Hill AFB (Utah) within a classified facility.
· Provide support and services related to software, hardware, databases, web resources, cloud resources, enterprise networks and systems.
· Provide network management, software development and database administration.
· Develops, maintains, and implements information security standards, procedures, and guidelines for applications and databases.
· Ensures that systems databases are protected from unauthorized access and use. Monitor systems, identify threats, and handles disaster recovery operations.
· Performs assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems/networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
· Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports for obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. This includes process support, analysis support, coordination support, security certification test support, security documentation support, investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections, and periodic audits.
· Assists in the implementation of required government policy (e.g. NISPOM, DCID 6/3, NIST 800-53), and makes recommendations on process tailoring.
· Provide technical and cyber security coordination on all Bodies of Evidence (BoE) to support security authorization packages.
· Provide help desk IT support to include account management across multiple authorization boundaries, hardware/software troubleshooting, configuration, patching and upgrades.
Security Clearance Requirements:
· Active DoD Top Secret Clearance w/ SCI or TS/SCI eligible
· U.S. Citizenship is required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT), Engineering or Computer Science and 2+ years of experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
· Proficient with networks, computer components, system protocols, COTS technology, and software integration of COTS and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products.
· Knowledge of system methodologies including client/server, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, MAN, LAN, switches, and routers.
· Great interpersonal and communications skills with a desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
· Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, flexible environment and possess a willingness to take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly.
· Possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification and 5+ years of experience.
· Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF), Assessment and Authorizations (A&A), SCI Information Systems Security standards, and DoD certification and accreditation (C&A) processes.
· 2+ years of technical experience with configuration, testing and vulnerability assessment of networks, databases, software and information systems to satisfy cybersecurity requirements.
· Experience with both Linux-based (CentOS/RHEL) and Windows Server operating systems.
· Experience with scripting languages such as bash, Python, Go or Powershell for troubleshooting and automation of routine tasks.
· 2+ years experience with supporting system accreditation for software running on cloud platforms such as AWS GovCloud, and Commercial Cloud Services on classified networks (S-C2S, C2S).
· 2+ years experience developing automated infrastructure and Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet or Chef (Ansible and Terraform highly preferred)
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.