Parsons Corporation IT Project Manager in South Jordan, Utah
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI
Parsons has emerged as a leader in the development of cutting-edge solutions for the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. Our tremendous success can be attributed to our people and our priorities. We hire the best, we make them a priority and we never lose focus on the mission. It’s why we’re here. We have built this cultural legacy by working closely with analysts and operators to understand their needs and delivering meaningful value through innovative, cost effective and intuitive software solutions.
Are you a Project Manager (PM) or transitioning professional looking for an opportunity to make a difference while growing your skillset? Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the USAF solve major challenges in support of the Air Force Nuclear Weapon Center’s (AFNWC) Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program? We need your help!
We are supporting a game changing IT Engineering and Support (ITES) contract within the GBSD program to develop and deliver a full range of Cloud, DevSecOps, Cybersecurity, IT, and AI/ML capabilities. Our team is looking for TS/SCI cleared and experienced engineers and managers who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
In this position, you will be a member of a highly collaborative, multi-contractor support team, embedded directly with government customers.
The primary physical working location will be on Hill AFB, Utah within a classified facility.
We expect PMs to have a mission-focused mindset and to be willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that our customers continue to have faith in our ability to execute at a level above and beyond that of other contractors. You will work closely with technical leadership on this program to maintain and strengthen relationships with our government customers. You will be responsible for all administrative aspects of the program to ensure we are meeting our customer’s expectations and contractual requirements. You will have an opportunity to leverage your knowledge and experience to identify and shape new opportunities for our team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and attention to detail that works well in a highly collaborative environment and demonstrates excellent communication skills.
Security Clearance Requirements:
· U.S. Citizen
· Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI, or eligibility for TS/SCI
· Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project or program
· Serves as the company representative imbedded with the client, markets, and secures additional work, and negotiates contract changes through change management process
· Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of delivering effective and quality work
· Partners with project control analysts to develop budgets and schedules for the various elements of a project, to include authoring variance analysis reports and customer reports
· Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established by the federal customer
· Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
· Facilitates regular status meetings with technical project teams and identifies roadblocks
· Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
· Bachelor’s Degree with 5 or more years of direct experience, or an Associate’s degree and 10 or more years of direct experience in program or project management
· Possess a sense of ownership to take the initiative, collaborate, and deliver results
· Must be creative, flexible, and determined to support evolving customer priorities
· Displays a high level of computer literacy & technical aptitude to learn new tools quickly
· Proficiency using scheduling software such as MS Project or Oracle Primavera P6
· Master’s degree, active PMP certification, or ITIL certification
· Agility to work across multiple technology domains: IT help desk support, cloud, software development, IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and general procurement
· Experience authoring change requests and assessing cost/schedule impacts across an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Performance Management Baseline (PMB)
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.