Parsons Corporation Mid-Level Project Engineer in Springfield, Virginia
OGSystems - Company Overview
Why be a government contractor when you can be a government innovator? Come work for an organization that has creativity, innovation, and drive rooted throughout its DNA. We are not like the others.
At OGSystems we don’t just create the best solutions we execute them in collaboration with our customers. Creating the best solutions starts with the best ideas and that requires the best people. We want people willing to out hustle the haters until they ask if we are hiring. Own The Outcome and join our culture of innovation and creativity.
Mid-Level Systems Engineer/Project Engineer
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Location: Springfield, VA
Years of Experience: 6The Project Engineer (PE) is responsible for leading the delivery of key mission capabilities through the framework of Integrated Product Teams (IPTs). The PE is also responsible for the development and maintenance of project schedules, tracking and ensuring closure of team tasking, and coordinating the delivery of key project products. The PE is responsible for meeting preparation to include the pre-coordination with key stakeholders, conference room scheduling, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, and tracking risks, issues, and action items. The PE will investigate technical issues, develop recommendations, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, and tracking risks, issues, and action items and communicate in coordination with the Government IPT lead.
Key Words: systems integration, systems engineering, project engineer, risk, IPT, GEOINT, NSG
• Conduct requirements engineering, scheduling, reliability, resilience, service development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across CAP/SAP architectures, the NSG/ASG (as applicable) and Federal Agencies.
• Candidate must have ability to integrate new data sources, baseline products, prepare Requests for Change (RFCs) or Engineering Review Board (ERB) products and document requirements and technical documents. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage issues and risk.
• Translate high level program strategies into system requirements and work with development contractors to ensure work is consistent with customer strategies
• Meeting preparations to include the pre-coordination with key participants, schedule the room, preparation of agendas and minutes, tracking of action items.
• Function as a liaison between Mission Partner, project stakeholders, and Government POCs for the planning of meeting times, talking points, CoA, Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments briefings.
• Deliver products such as: Read ahead, IPT agendas, project plans, and schedules
• Build and maintain IPT high level plans, roadmaps, and schedules.
• Facilitate technical exchange meetings to coordinate integration activities with stakeholders across multiple agencies.
• Update documentation for Interface Control Documents, System Requirements documents, and Product Definition Dictionaries.
• Identify and report issues, investigate and develop recommendations for mitigations.
• Conducts planning, analysis traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
• Active TS/SCI Clearance w/SSBI within 5 years.
• Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Science, Engineering, or related technical experience field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
• 6+ years of experience supporting IC or DoD operations.
• 6+ years of system engineering experience in government or industry
• Experience with the Acquisition Process, PPBES Process, engineering of a large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environment
• Experience in managing highly complex projects through the entire research cycle to include research design, resource planning, data collection, analysis, and documentation of findings.
• Experience in leading analysis for communications studies that identify meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships to improve client communications and media plans.
• Experience supporting the assessment, evaluation and deployment of new or emerging technologies into operations or the architectural impacts and a recommendation path forward.
• Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly accurately to technical/non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel; ability to work independently and with a team environment
• Self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Analytical and strong organizational skills with excellent written/verbal communications, technical/non-technical presentations skills.
• Familiarity and experience handling multiple levels of security, strong communications skills and ability the work independently.
• Advanced degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program. An advanced degree in this category can account for an additional two years of experience.
• Experience with CAP/SAP architecture in a NSG/ASG and NRO enterprises.
• Experience in project management or technical team leadership.
• Experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
• Working knowledge of photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information science, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.
• Working knowledge of and the ability to work in and figure out “white space mapping”.
• Working knowledge of Model Based System Engineering processes, tools, and languages.
• Working knowledge of Software Development Frameworks.
• Familiarity with Satellite Communication Systems.
Challenging work in support of US Intelligence Community - a Mission that Matters!
Access to our State of the art custom facility.
Crazy smart and collaborative coworkers.
Regular engagement with company leadership
Support for new ideas & encouragement to take risks
Disability (Short and Long Term)
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) with company match
Paid Time Off
Stock Options * Based on Career Level
OGSystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Refer a Friend
Job Locations US-VA-Springfield
Posted Date 1 week ago (12/2/2019 2:10 PM)
Job ID 2019-2555
Category Systems Engineering/Integration
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI