Parsons Corporation Mid-Level Systems Engineer in Springfield, Virginia
OGSystems - Company Overview
Why be a government contractor when you can be a government innovator? Come work for an organization that has creativity, innovation, and drive rooted throughout its DNA. We are not like the others.
At OGSystems we don’t just create the best solutions we execute them in collaboration with our customers. Creating the best solutions starts with the best ideas and that requires the best people. We want people willing to out hustle the haters until they ask if we are hiring. Own The Outcome and join our culture of innovation and creativity.
Mid-Level Systems Engineer
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Location: Springfield, VA
Years of Experience: 6Mid-level Systems Engineers employ a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
• Conducts requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies.
• Conducts planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
• Develops solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology and mentor Junior Engineers in developing these skill sets.
• Assists the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
• Supports the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
• Assists the Government in performing systems integration activities.
• Assists with Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
• Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
• Exhibits transparency by sharing all salient facts relevant to the task at hand. Routinely provides honest and frank feedback to Government leads on the achievability of desired deliverables within proposed timeframes.
• Communicates unexpected setbacks quickly, and proposes mitigation actions. Incorporates lessons learned in future planning.
• Arrives on time and prepared to actively participate in all meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
• 6+ years working experience in Government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
• Mid-level working system engineering experience in Government or industry.
• Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
• Working knowledge of Software Development Frameworks.
• INCOSE Associate System Engineering Professional (ASEP) certification.
• Documented work experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
• Membership or active participation in any of the following professional organizations: ACSM, ASCE, ASPRS, OGC, SAREM, USGIF
• Working knowledge of photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information sciences, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the current NSG/ASG and NRO enterprises.
Challenging work in support of US Intelligence Community - a Mission that Matters!
Access to our State of the art custom facility.
Crazy smart and collaborative coworkers.
Regular engagement with company leadership
Support for new ideas & encouragement to take risks
Disability (Short and Long Term)
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) with company match
Paid Time Off
Stock Options * Based on Career Level
OGSystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Refer a Friend
Job Locations US-VA-Springfield
Posted Date 1 week ago (12/2/2019 2:13 PM)
Job ID 2019-2551
Category Systems Engineering/Integration
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI