Parsons Corporation Construction Contract Administrator - Municipal Contracts in St. Catharines, Ontario
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Are you an experienced Construction Contract Administrator who’s worked on large Municipal Infrastructure projects? Have you successfully worked with Project Managers and Construction Managers on ensuring infrastructure meets project requirements? Parsons is currently seeking a Construction Contract Administrator to work with our Senior Project Team on large scale Infrastructure projects such as water/waster water, road-widening, bridge remediation and the development of underground infrastructure.
In this role, you will:
• Administer the construction contract on behalf of the owner/client, typically for a government agency/municipality
• Verify that the construction is done in accordance with the contract documents and specifications
• Administer payment and resolving claims with the contractor
• Prepare reports, usually of a financial nature, relating to contract costs, incremental contract funding, number/dollar value of contracts received in given time-period, and project status reports.
• Monitor the progress of the work and provide updates to the owner.
• Resolve construction issues through the RFI, Site Instruction and Change Order Processes
• Overseeing the Quality Assurance program and administering Non-Conformances to the work
• Supervise the inspection and administration staff working on the project
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
A combination of the following education experience is required:
• Degree or Diploma in Construction Management or Civil Engineering, and/or combination of related experience
• 10+ years of experience in transportation and municipal engineering
• PEO or OACETT registered, and or ability to be registered
• Knowledge of the Contract Administration requirements
• Knowledge of applicable design standards, OPS specifications, standard drawings, and quality control / quality assurance material testing methods.
• Knowledge of the application of transportation construction practices and methods including the applicable quality assurance procedures
• Proven analytical, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to utilize computer software such as MS Word, Excel, including experience with specific software and with material payment calculation methods.
• Must provide own transportation to and from job site.
• Valid Class “G” driver’s license.
The successful candidate will have the ability to prepare memos and technical reports. Proven success in managing large municipal and transportation engineering projects and proven success in managing a team of inspectors, engineers and technologists is a must
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.