Parsons Corporation Senior Inspector, Bridge and Highway in Valdosta, Georgia
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is seeking a Senior Inspector to join our team on an already award-winning deign-build project in metro Atlanta. Parsons serves as the Owner's representative and is responsible for performing construction quality oversight until contract completion in 2027.
With minimal supervision, the Senior Inspector performs the most difficult and complex inspection tasks, including assessing adherence to quality control procedures. You will inspect various facets of work on the jobsite and perform continuous surveillance of assigned inspection activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications. This position will also document nonconformance and participate in determining appropriate resolution.
• Oversee and perform inspections and field testing/sampling of soils, deep foundations (driven pile and drilled shafts), concrete, MSE walls, asphalt, utilities, pre-cast and steel highway bridges, MOT, highway, lighting, signs and ITS to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
• Review, make changes to, and update Construction Quality Assurance Plan for compliance with Georgia DOT Owner Verification (OV) requirements.
• Perform contract documentation duties, which will include quality control of OV records, field verification of pay items, quantity calculations and other owner required documentation.
• Co-locate full-time and in-person at the project office near Decatur, GA.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering or a relevant Associate's Degree from a Technical College.
• 5 years of progressive transportation technician experience or OVF for a State Highway Agency, or an equivalent combination of training and directly related experience.
• Through knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in highway and bridge construction.
• Proficiency with the use of nuclear density gauge devices (Troxler)
• Current concrete sampling and testing certification (ACI or DOT)
• MOT Training, OSHA 10 and 30 Safety Training
• Current erosion and sediment control training.
• Must be able to read and interpret plans and specifications related to interstate road and bridge construction
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
• Must be licensed to operate motor vehicles in accordance with Georgia law.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
$39.18 - $68.56
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.