Parsons Corporation Head of Pricing in United Arab Emirates
Leads a team which performs a variety of competitive pricing and estimating activities for bids and proposals to clients. The candidate has experience in applying standard estimating practices, techniques, processes, and procedures in a pre-contract environment, and demonstrates familiarity with applying company policies and assigned practices and procedures.
The key responsibilities are:
• Provide leadership and management for the pricing team.
• Assist in developing appropriate business processes for pricing endeavors.
• Actively participate in the management of various tender submittals; managing assignments amongst the team and ensuring on-time submittals.
• Review and complete bid forms and ensure that they are within the given specifications.
• Determine optimal price points for bids and conduct price-to-win analysis; ensure proposal pricing meets profitability rates/targets set by the organization.
• Collects cost and pricing data for bids including in-country data, and market data for cost line items.
• Collaborate with business development, project managers, finance, project controls, and other staff to ensure that all contract pricing activities comply with company requirements and policies.
• Utilize and maintain cost/pricing models and narratives, schedules, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications to determine anticipated direct costs (labor, material requirements, equipment costs, other direct costs), and indirect rates, for a variety of proposal types to comply with bid requirements and costing standards.
• Actively participate and/or lead proposal color and risk reviews, post proposal, and post award reviews.
• Work closely with business development, technical teams, project managers, and financial management to assess the financial implications of teaming, staffing, and procurement decisions for bids and post-award implementation.
• Review contract documents to assess contract risk and significant exposure to estimated cost if potential risks are experienced. Assigns reasonable maximum cost and schedule exposure resulting from potential risks.
• Prepares and summarizes the bases of estimate (BOE) development, including estimate scope, estimate method of development, pricing utilized, labor, material and equipment rates included in the estimate, assumptions and exclusions, escalation, parametric comparisons using previous estimate data from similar projects, estimate quality control (QC) review and results, and estimate conclusion and recommendation.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Supervision Received – VP Strategy and Growth
Supervision Given – Members of Pricing team
Internal Contacts - All employees within Business Development, Bid Studio, Proposal Teams, Commercial Managers, Finance, Technical Teams, Senior Management
External Contacts – Clients, Subcontractors, Vendors, Suppliers
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
• 15+ years of related work experience involving typical estimating and competitive pricing activities.
• Ability to perform standard estimating activities typical to the engineering and construction industry.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; and ability to present to leadership.
• Knowledge of digitally enabled approaches to pricing competitive tenders.
• Inclusive and transparent leadership skills.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.