Parsons Corporation Design Coordinator in Washington, District Of Columbia
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons seeks qualified individuals to put forth their resume to assist us in winning a contract for the Washington Metro Area Transportation Authority , to upgrade lighting fixtures located in light rail stations throughout the DC area with energy-efficient lighting. Work is expected to last until August of 2023.
Upon Parsons being given Notice-To-Proceed, candidates that applied to this position and were given contingent offers will begin work. Announcement of award date is expected September 20, 2021 with Notice-To-Proceed occurring soon afterwards.
Twenty-Nine positions are being advertised, which include:
• Project Coordinator
• Project Lead
• Office Engineer – General Project/Contract Support (4 Positions)
• Office Engineer – Field Support/Coordination (2 Positions)
• Design Coordinator
• Construction Engineer – General (3 Positions)
• Construction Engineer – Electrical (3 Positions)
• Construction Engineer – Mechanical (2 Positions)
• Construction Engineer – Communication
• Field Inspector (8 Positions)
• Field Inspector – Electrical (2 Positions)
This job posting is specifically for the position of Design Coordinator of which one candidate will be chosen.
• Coordinate between Parsons, WMATA, Engineering and Architecture (ENGA), Commercial Innovation and Market Outreach (CIMO) and other relevant stakeholders
• Develop scope for Request for Proposals
• Oversee architectural services and coordinate submittals
• Review plans for code compliance and gap analysis
• Coordinate Quality Reviews
• Coordinate design certification through WMATA’s Safety and Security Certification Program
• Prepare progress reports
• Attend all meetings
• A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or in a related field;
• Fifteen years of project management and/or construction management experience, (four years of design oversight experience in the transportation industry is preferred);
• Registered Professional Engineer license in VA, MD, or DC, or able to get their PE in those jurisdictions upon Notice-To-Proceed
• Demonstrated experience in project planning, execution, and delivery in a matrix organization;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to obtain OSHA 10-hour General Industry certification;
• Ability to complete WMATA’s RWP Certification Class;
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office
Not required, but would be preferable if candidates have:
• Familiarity with WMATA codes and standards
• WMATA Safety training
• Familiarity with WMATA QC process
• Familiarity with Procore software
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.