Parsons Corporation Scheduler in Washington, District Of Columbia
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons seeks qualified individuals to put forth their resume to assist us in winning a contract for the Washington Metro Area Transportation Authority , to upgrade lighting fixtures located in light rail stations throughout the DC area with energy-efficient lighting. Work is expected to last until August of 2023.
Upon Parsons being given Notice-To-Proceed, candidates that applied to this position and were given contingent offers will begin work. Announcement of award date is expected September 20, 2021 with Notice-To-Proceed occurring soon afterwards.
Twenty-Nine positions are being advertised, which include:
• Project Coordinator
• Project Lead
• Office Engineer – General Project/Contract Support (4 Positions)
• Office Engineer – Field Support/Coordination (2 Positions)
• Design Coordinator
• Construction Engineer – General (3 Positions)
• Construction Engineer – Electrical (3 Positions)
• Construction Engineer – Mechanical (2 Positions)
• Construction Engineer – Communication
• Field Inspector (8 Positions)
• Field Inspector – Electrical (2 Positions)
This job posting is specifically for the position of Scheduler of which one candidate will be chosen.
• Support Project Management staff with scheduling and coordination of the pre-construction, procurement, and construction activities.
• Use Critical Path Method to analyze schedules, perform look-ahead schedules, time impact analysis, and risk analysis
• Participate in constructability reviews from a scheduling point of view
• Prepare in advance contingency plans for major work events (such as stoppages due to labor shortage, safety work stop events, equipment unavailability, delays in obtaining permits, design falling behind construction, etc.)
• A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in construction and/or transportation projects and the ability to evaluate and develop complex schedules; a minimum of two years out of five shall be in the transportation industry;
• A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or in a related field is preferred (in lieu of a degree, a minimum of eight years of experience in construction project scheduling of varying complexities including integrated master schedules);
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including MS Project, as well as Primavera 6 (P6);
• Ability to quickly learn or are already familiar with Tilos Software
• Ability to work periodically in the field around operating equipment and have field/construction experience; and
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
Not required, but would be preferable if candidates have:
• Familiarity with WMATA codes and standards
• WMATA Safety training
• Familiarity with WMATA QC process
• Familiarity with Procore software
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.