Parsons Corporation Principal Project Engineer in Yanbu, United States
Principal Project Engineer
Yanbu, Al Madinah, Saudi Arabia
Top level of projects and design management. Normally reserved for group of section supervisor or staff and technical consultant on major complex projects. Manages Designs and preparation technical RFPs, provides pre- and post-award support to PMD/SMD/Construction. Provide technical support across all disciplines to coordinate the development and implementation of the engineering portions of assigned projects.
Receives administrative direction on assigned projects in terms of specific objectives from the Manager of Engineering Projects with work being reviewed for adherence to scope of work. Frequent interface with AE Consultants, Management and other departments. Supervises and coordinates the activities of Project Engineering and other personnel assigned to him. Mentors Junior Project Engineers assigned to him. Interfaces with PMD and SMD for the pre-award activities and reporting project status. Coordinates with relevant RC departments, stakeholders, and external agencies.
Major Activities Performed
1.Develop scope of work for design tasks in coordination with the TSS and stakeholders. Coordinate preparation review and issuance of Task Orders including review of AEs technical and commercial proposals.
2.Manage overall design from concept, Design Development (DD) and Construction Documents (CD). Work closely with the AEs and reviewers, provide necessary coordination for data acquisition, and 3rd party reviews. Conduct design review meetings.
3.Assist in coordinating the compilation of technical portions of Requests for Proposal (RFP) for both the design and construction portions of assigned projects. Analyzes data pertaining to client requirements to assist in the definition of technical aspects of detailed scope of work.
4.Coordinate with Technical Support Section (TSS) for the development of design specifications, and ensure adequate information is provided for clarity of interpretation of required scope of work.
5.Participate in the technical evaluation of potential bidders for contracts on assigned projects, and in recommending shortlists of qualified contractors. Coordinates the technical analysis and evaluation of bids proposed.
6.Assist in compiling technical portions of definitive contracts.
7.Monitors technical progress of A/E contractor. Coordinate the review of design drawings, specifications, manuals, shop drawings, vendor data, calculations and other technical information submitted by A/E construction contractor for all phases of contract.
8.Provide requested technical information to A/E or construction contractor regarding interpretation of specifications, and other technical guidance as required. Requests technical information or clarification of submitted data from A/E construction contractor as required.
9.Supervise and coordinates activities of Project Engineers and other personnel assigned to him.
10.Prepare report and presentations on assigned projects. Coordinate with PMD progress reporting and evaluation for the assigned projects
11.Manages AE Consultants contracts when assigned as the Authorized Representative (AR).
12.Provide input in review of monthly invoices and quarterly performance evaluation for the AE.
13.Provide technical support during pre-award stage including but not limited to Bidders QAs, addendums, bid evaluation, release of final IFC drawings, etc.
14.Provide post-award support during construction.
Experience and Qualifications
• BS degree in Engineering and 12 to 15 years of direct-related experience. A minimum five (5) years of experience in project/design management experience, and a minimum of five (5) years hands on design experience in an A/E environment.
• Professional Registration as an Engineer required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential. Ability to prepare project presentations to higher management.
• Computer literate and proficient with the industry standard software for project management and control, MS Office. A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D as well as hydrology/hydraulic modeling software and traffic modeling software is a plus.
• PMP or equivalent certification is beneficial, but not mandatory.
• Strong familiarity with the Engineering design processes as well as Construction and Project Management. Adequate knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines.
• Experience with overseeing planning and design of civil infrastructure and facilities, such as site grading and drainage, highways and roads, wet and dry utilities, and flood control measures.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering as related to the preparation of plans and specifications. Knowledge of methods and techniques utilized in the design and construction of civil public works and utility projects.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.